Here is a helpful beginner’s guide on how to make beats. This guide is for newbies, but even if you are a pro, you may find helpful links on how to make music.
Introduction to How to Make Beats
There are many aspects to making music. Learning music software, learning how to make beats, learning how to structure songs for music artist, mixing audio, exporting, and more.
Learning how to make your own beats can be an overwhelming process, but this beginners guide to making beats breaks the information into small chunks to make it simple for you.
Go through each individual chapter below to improve your knowledge of making beats.
We cover the basics of picking music equipment. We discuss being on a budget, time for learning, and equipment suggestions.
Music Equipment »
Learn about the most popular music production software programs that fellow music producers are using.
Music Software »
We cover the basics of how to make a beat. Learn the basic elements, beats tempos, and beat making tips.
How to Make Your Own Beats »
This article breaks down the basics elements of a complete track and how to structure it for music artists.
Song Arrangements »
Having a large collection of sounds and music instruments is a must. We have over 30 post of free drum samples, VST plugins, Reason Refills and more.
Free Samples & VST Plugins »
Read the basics of exporting and tracking out beats for music artist.
Exporting Beats »
Here is a collection of common music production glossary terms and definitions.
Music Terms »
Additional Helpful Articles
- How to Make Your Own Music
- Music Production Poll Results ( Infographic )
- 10 “Newbie” Commandments
- Things They Don’t Tell Music Producers Until It’s Too Late
- Why We Love Repetition in Music
- 7 Things Every Music Producer Should Have
- 9 Popular Music Producers Who Use FL Studio
- Should You Follow Music Trends?
- 50 Most Annoying Things As a Music Producer
- 10 Tips to Make Your Own Beats
- 5 Reasons to Work for Free ( Newbie Tips )
- 10 Home Music Production Tips
- Should You Stop Making Music?
There are a lot of different aspects involved with making music.
Here are the top 2 most important things I think you should with making music:
- Make Music! Make Music! Make Music! – Skills are built through repetition. When you do something multiple times you get better, grow, and it becomes easier. Practice makes perfect.
- Work with Music Artist – There is nothing like getting hands-on experience. You can make beats forever by yourself, but there is an end goal, which is to see songs made with your beats. By working with music artists you will get requests on instruments, song rearrangements, and creating different types of moods and feelings with your beats. These experiences will help you grow to see what music artists are thinking of, and how to meet their needs to make good music.
If you have input on this article or feel the article is missing something, please share in the comments section.
Check out How to Sell Beats next to make money off your talents.
Posted by on August 10, 2016. Category: How to Make Beats