If you are new to FL Studio by Image-Line, here is an FL Studio beginners guide packed with FL Studio tutorials to get started with making music.
FL Studio is one of the most popular music software programs out because it’s easy to use, powerful, and cheaper than other apps.
- 1. Installing FL Studio
- 2. FL Studio Overview
- 3. Step Sequencer
- 4. Piano Roll
- 5. FL Studio Browser
- 6. How to Use the Playlist
- 7. FL Studio Mixer
- 8. Exporting Songs
- 9. FL Studio Effects
- How to Make a Hip Hop Beat in FL Studio
- How to Make a Trap in FL Studio
- 10. FL Studio Helpful Links
- Free FL Studio Downloads
- Advanced FL Studio Tutorials
- How to Make Beats in FL Studio
FL Studio Tutorials
1. Installing FL Studio
Here are the steps to install and set up your audio settings for FL Studio.
2. FL Studio Overview
Here is a broad overview of the FL Studio interface and the basics of using the software.
3. Step Sequencer
The FL Studio Step Sequencer is where you create multiple drum patterns and melodies.
The patterns you make in the Step Sequencer are then added to the Playlist to be turned into a full song.
More info: Channel Rack & Step Sequencer
Last update on 2022-01-09 / Affiliate Links
4. Piano Roll
The Piano Roll is where you create and edit melodies for your beat.
More details: Piano Roll
5. FL Studio Browser
The FL Studio Browser is where projects, samples, presets, and VST plugins are stored.
More info: FL Studio Browser
6. How to Use the Playlist
The playlist is where you arrange your patterns into a full song.
More info: The Playlist
Related: How to Arrange Beats ( Video )
Related: How to Set Up Your Midi Keyboard
7. FL Studio Mixer
The FL Studio mixer is where you can edit the volume, pan audio, add effects, and more.
More info: The Mixer
8. Exporting Songs
Here is a simple guide to export your final beat.
9. FL Studio Effects
Here is an FL Studio tutorial on how to add effects using the audio mixer.
How to Make a Hip Hop Beat in FL Studio
Learn how to make a Hip Hop beat in FL Studio using a sample.
How to Make a Trap in FL Studio
Here is a tutorial on how to make a Trap beat in FL Studio.
10. FL Studio Helpful Links
Image Line Links
Free FL Studio Downloads
- FL Studio Free Downloads ( FL Studio 11 & FL Studio 12 )
- 20 Free FL Studio Remakes ( Kanye West, Big Sean, Dr. Dre )
- Free VST Plugins for FL Studio
- Free Samples for FL Studio
Advanced FL Studio Tutorials
- How to Install VST Plugins
- Free FL Studio Template
- How to Sidechain in FL Studio 20
- How to Use Automation Clips
- How to Record Vocals
- How to Record Vocals in FL Studio
- FL Studio 20 Tips & Tricks
- 3 Essential Productivity and Workflow Tips for FL Studio
How to Make Beats in FL Studio
So those are the basics how to use FL Studio.
If you have any tips or suggestions on making music with FL Studio, or links to other FL Studio tutorials, please share below.