Here are the best free mastering VST plugins online that you can use with FL Studio, Reason, Ableton Live, and other VST-supported software.
What Are Mastering VST Plugins?
Mastering plugins are audio plugins that you can use to help master a song or album. There are many different types of mastering plugins, including audio clipping tools, EQs, meters, and more.
Some focus on specific aspects such as compression and limiting, while others offer a more comprehensive range of effects such as reverb and delay.
These free mastering plugins can help you achieve a more professional sound with your music projects.
There is a wide range of mastering plugins available on the market. They can be categorized into three main types:
- Equalizers – These are used to adjust frequencies in a song and make it sound better for playback on different devices.
- Dynamic Processors – These are used to control the volume and dynamics in a song, smoothing out any harsh sounds that may have been picked up during recording.
- Effects – These are used to add effects such as reverb, delay, distortion, and more to an audio track.
Mastering plugins are often used in music production to improve the audio quality of a song.
The goal of mastering is to produce a recording with good volume, frequency response, and minimal noise. Mastering engineers typically use compressors, limiters, equalizers, and level meters to achieve these goals.
Best Mastering VST Plugins
We have included mastering plugins that work for Windows and Mac.
- Ozone Imager 2
- Limiter 6
- TDR Nova
- Barricade Pro
- Voxengo Elephant
- MV Meter
- Stereo Tool V3
- Marvel GEQ
- A1 Stereo Control
- Voxengo Marvel GEQ
- Sonimus SonEQ
- TDR Kotelnikov
- More Plugins
Instructions: Click the links below to visit each mastering plugin. Look around each website for the download link or button. Do not install any suspicious software.
SPAN is a free real-time fast Fourier transform audio spectrum analyzer AAX, AudioUnit, and mastering suite for professional sound and music production applications.
For the most part, it was derived from Voxengo GlissEQ dynamic parametric equalizer and reproduces its spectrum analysis functionality.
- Fast Fourier transform spectrum analyzer
- Stereo, mid-side, surround spectrum analyzer
- Stereo correlation meter
- K level meter
- RMS, peak level, and clipping detector
Span | PC / Mac
Ozone Imager 2
If you’re looking to give your mix extra polish, this is a perfect plugin. With its fluid visuals and three different vectorscope meters, you can easily control the width of any track.
Whether going for super-wide sounds or creating narrow, mono-like sources, this program can help you achieve the perfect mix. You’re sure to love the results you get with this one.
- Fluid, visually intuitive interface
- Three different vectorscope meters
- Easy control of stereo width
Ozone Imager 2 | PC / Mac
LoudMax is a look-ahead brickwall loudness maximizer mastering tool with a clean and transparent sound.
It is designed to retain the original character of the music as much as possible, even at high compression levels.
- True Peak Limiting (Further information for ISP below)
- Supported Sample rates: 2kHz – 384kHz
- Latency: 1.25ms (+ 6 samples with ISP)
- Look-Ahead and Attack Time: 1.25ms
- Release Time: Automatic – depending on the input signal
- No audible distortion
- Possible overdrive: 740dB
- Very low CPU usage
Loudmax | PC / Mac
This is a more complex and versatile take on limiting. It offers more control than LoudMax, which can be helpful if your program material requires detailed tweaking.
Its five modules include RMS compressor, peak limiter, high-frequency limiter, clipper, and true peak limiter.
- 5 modules: RMS compressor, peak limiter, high-frequency limiter, clipper, true peak limiter
- High-quality signal processing to use for mastering purposes
- Brickwall and soft limiting with different timing settings
- M/S and multiband modes
- Optional 4x oversampling
- True inter-sample peaks (ISP) limiting
- Analog-style indication
- 2 different GUIs
- Tonal balance
Limiter 6 | PC / Mac
This is a parallel dynamic EQ that provides instant access to the frequency range in your music projects. It also contains some additional high-pass and low-pass filter sections to help you control the sound even further.
The user-friendly WYSIWYG drag and drop display is paired with a classic “knob” interface, making it easy to dial in the perfect sound. Its intuitive equal loudness function ensures that your audio sounds are balanced.
This plugin is a free alternative to the Elevate Mastering Bundle by Eventide Audio, the Abbey Road TG Mastering Chain Plugin by Waves, and the Lurssen Mastering Console by IK Multimedia.
- User-friendly WYSIWYG drag and drop display
- Intuitive equal loudness function
- Additional high-pass and low-pass filter sections
- Parallel dynamic EQ
TDR Nova | PC / Mac
ClipShifter is a wave-shaping audio plugin that functions like a clipping-style limiter. It offers controls for Clip Shape (hard to soft) and harmonics (even- and odd-order), so you can be in control of the sound.
With low CPU usage, it’s perfect for running multiple instances on multiple tracks. If you’re looking for a way to add some extra grit and character to your audio, this is the perfect plugin.
- Waveshaping plugin
- Functions like a clipping-style limiter
- Controls for clip shape and harmonics
- Low CPU usage
ClipShifter | PC / Mac
Related: 35 Best Free Mixing VST Plugins
George Yohng programmed the plugin. With its simple interface and powerful sound, the plugin is perfect for beginners and pros, making it one of the best free mastering VST plugins.
If you’re looking for a limiter that can provide maximum loudness without sacrificing sound quality, this is the plugin for you. It is sure to give your projects that extra boost it needs.
- Simple interface
- Powerful controls
- Maximum loudness without sacrificing quality
W1limiter | PC
If you’re looking to master your audio, Barricade Pro is your limiter. It operates in four domains simultaneously: Waveform limiting, Envelope limiting, Loudness limiting, Correlation limiting.
The interface is straightforward, so you can get to work quickly and efficiently. It’s perfect for mastering your tracks, whether a beginner or an experienced user.
- Easy to use interface
- 4 limiter types
Barricade Pro | Windows
This mastering limiter is a powerful tool to help you achieve great quality in your music. It features a variety of limiter modes, including headroom estimation, EBU R128, and K-system metering.
It also has a built-in linear-phase oversampling and DC offset filter. In addition, it has a high-quality bit-depth converter with optional noise-shaping. It is a perfect tool for those who want to achieve great sound quality in their music.
- A variety of limiter modes
- Built-in linear-phase oversampling
- High-quality bit depth converter
- Optional noise shaping
Voxengo Elephant | PC / Mac
MV Meter is a multivariable meter including RMS, EBUR128, VU, and PPM measurements.
- the behavior of classic analog VU and PPM meters
- multiple measurement modes: PEAK, RMS, EBU R128, VU, and PPM
- multi-channel metering: stereo, left, right, mid, side-channel
- large and accurate live meters
- adjustable pre-gain, gain matching
- 64-bit internal processing
- 5 different meter themes
- GUI resizing up 400%, ready for 4k displays
MV Meter | Windows
Stereo Tool V3
StereoTool offers ultra-precise control of input gain and individual pan for left and right channels, accurate visual feedback reflecting the signal content with; a vector scope, PPM meters for inputs/outputs, and a phase correlation meter that permanently monitors the signal individual left and right polarity reversal.
These mastering tools are great alternatives to the Lurssen Mastering Console by IK Multimedia, Elevate Mastering Bundle by Eventide Audio, and the Abbey Road TG Mastering Chain Plugin by Waves.
- Up to 8 channels Input/Output.
- 64-bits internal floating-point processing.
- Sampling rate up to 384 kHz DXD (Pyramix & Ovation MassCore/Native)
- Sampling rate up to 192 kHz for native (AU/VST/AAX/AAX AudioSuite).
Stereo Tool V3 | PC / Mac
Marvel GEQ allows audio engineers and musicians to apply quick EQ shape adjustments to audio tracks and full mixes.
The linear-phase filtering offered by Marvel GEQ is suitable for equalization tasks where high quality and excellent sonic character are made.
- Track graphic equalizer
- Voice streaming equalizer mastering chain
- Free mastering graphic equalizer
- Stereo, mid-side, 5.1 surround equalizer
- Transparent graphic equalizer
GEQ | Windows / Mac
A1 Stereo Control
This stereo wideness expander/limiter helps center all bass frequencies, making it perfect for mastering. It features a linear phase, a resizable GUI, and no latency.
Additionally, it has a Phase Flip feature which flips the whole input signal 180°, and a Swap L-R feature which swaps left and right input channels. This is a great option if you’re looking for a high-quality stereo wideness expander/limiter.
- Stereo wideness expander/limiter
- Helps to center all bass frequencies
- Linear phase
- Resizable GUI
- No latency
- Phase Flip feature
- Swap L-R feature
- All parameters are automatable
A1StereoControl | PC / Mac
IVGI can deliver very soft and subtle saturation that feels at home on the master bus.
It is capable of very dense and dirty distortion effects to spice up single tracks.
IVGI | PC / Mac
SoftClipper Mastering VST
ClipShifter is a wave shaping free audio mastering VST plugin that functions like a clipping-style limiter and can be used at all mixing stages, from distorting basses and drums to maximizing mix buses and warming up mixes.
- Clipping style limiter: from transparent sounding compression to hard-clipping distortion
- Controls for Clip Shape (hard to soft) and harmonics (even- and odd-order), so you can be in control of the sound
- Low CPU usage for running multiple instances on multiple tracks
- Standard LVC-Audio metering, including VU-style, PPM-style, and loudness meters to easily monitor input and output levels
- Scalable waveform history view with click-and-drag editing of threshold controls to easily change and set clipping levels based on the incoming signal
- 3-band crossover (paid feature) control utilizing 4th order LR filters for flat crossover response
- Independent frequency clipping (paid feature) to target the right frequencies for processing and selectable EQ gain controls that can be used pre-or post-processing
SoftClipper | PC / Mac
Inspired by the smooth dynamic shaping capabilities of some high-end reel-to-reel tape recorders, the Ferrics TDS tape dynamics simulator – simulates three of the most distinctive and much appreciated sonic effects generated by these devices: dynamics, saturation, limiting.
- Performs gentle audio dynamic treatments.
- Master difficulty to handle audio material.
- Adds extra harmonics and saturation effects.
- Controls outgoing audio peaks.
FerricTDS | Windows
This is the successor to mvMeter in the VST plugin line. You can enjoy the classic analog behavior of VU and PPM meters with this program. There are multiple measurement modes: PEAK, RMS, EBU R128, VU, and PPM.
You can also take advantage of the multi-channel metering: stereo, left, right, mid, side. The reference level for all meter modes is adjustable. This program also has preset management. You can manage and recall your presets with ease.
- Analog style VU and PPM meters
- Multiple measurement modes
- Multi-channel metering
- Adjustable reference level
- Preset management
mvMeter2 | PC / Mac
Voxengo Marvel GEQ
Voxengo Marvel GEQ is a free linear-phase 16-band graphic equalizer. It offers internal channel routing capabilities and supports mid/side processing. With this tool, you can easily make EQ adjustments to your audio files.
You can surely improve the quality of your audio files with the help of this amazing free plugin. It is one of the best free mastering VST plugins available and is a must-have for any music producer.
- 16-band linear-phase graphic equalizer
- Internal channel routing capabilities
- Supports mid/side processing
- EQ adjustments can be made with ease
Voxengo Marvel GEQ | Windows / Mac
SonEQ is a free equalizer plugin that takes parts from some vintage gear and combines them in one. With 3 band Equalizer, Low, Mid, High, and 2 Musical Filters, High-Pass Low-Pass, you can easily control the tone of your tracks.
The preamp stage with a bass booster also lets you easily boost your mix’s low end. If you’re looking for an EQ plugin that can give your audio vintage audio, this is perfect.
- 3 Band Equalizer
- 2 Musical Filters
- Preamp stage with bass booster
Sonimus SonEQ | PC / Mac
This is an acclaimed transient processor that can be used on up to 8 channels of input/output. It offers a variety of controls, including Output Gain and Link to Output Gain. These two controls work together to provide the user with great-sounding results.
The plugin is one of the best free mastering VST plugins available and is a must-have for record producers. You’re sure to get great results with this transient processor.
- 8 channels of input/output
- Output Gain and Link to Output Gain controls
- Great audio results
Bittersweet | Windows / AU
After is a mastering processor VST plugin.
- Clarity effect
- Mastering compressor
- Punch & Body EQ
- 40K Aero enhancer
- Output Gain
After | PC
TDR Kotelnikov is a wideband dynamics processor that is the perfect mastering VST. The 64bit multi-rate processing structure ensures the highest accuracy. While the delta oversampled signal path provides super-fast yet natural sounding compression.
The crest factor-based control scheme offers independent release controls for peak and RMS events. Along with a flexible sidechain highpass filter, it also has advanced stereo linking options optimized for the stereo bus.
- 64bit multi-rate processing structure
- Delta oversampled signal path
- Crest factor-based control scheme
- Independent release controls for peak and RMS events
- Flexible sidechain highpass filter
- Advanced stereo imaging options
TDR Kotelnikov | PC / Mac
Nova-67P is a parallel parametric equalizer plugin combined with a compressor. It’s the perfect mastering VST plugin for mixing, as it offers 5 bands of parallel equalization, with each band having its auto-gain knob.
In addition, there are optional high-pass and low-pass filters. The compression is full-band frequency-dependent and/or split-band. There’s also side-chain filtering and pre-emphasis.
There’s also real-time spectrum analysis at third-octave intervals. The external side-chain support is included. This plugin is perfect for those who want comprehensive control over their audio.
- 5 bands of parallel equalization
- Auto-gain knobs for each band
- Optional high-pass and low-pass filters
- Full-band frequency-dependent compression
- Split-band compression
- Side-chain filtering
- Real-time spectrum analysis
- External side-chain support
Nova-67P | Windows
This is a precise digital audio multi-channel meter that can help you adjust your audio levels. Its adjustable pre-gain, loudness offset mode, and free GUI scaling can help you make sure your audio is always sounding its best.
Its preset management system lets you save and recall your settings for easy use. If you’re looking for a high-quality audiometer, this is a great option due to its precision and ease of use.
- Precise digital audiometer
- Adjustable pre-gain
- Loudness offset mode
- Free GUI scaling
- Preset management system
Download: dpMeter5 | OS: PC / Mac
This advanced mix monitoring tool lets you solo/mute each frequency band individually. It allows you to understand better how each frequency affects your mix.
The output level can be adjusted, and the dim loudness function is a great way to keep things under control. Keyboard control is also available, and the multi-channel split lets you see how each channel affects your mix.
The large and easy-to-use GUI is a great way to start this program. The free GUI scaling is also a great feature that lets you get the most out of your screen real estate.
- Advanced mix monitoring tool
- Solo/mute each frequency band individually
- The output level can be adjusted
- Loudness dim function
- Keyboard control
- Multi-channel split
Download: ISOL8 | OS: Windows / Mac
Konsol is a 3-band mixing console bus perfect for beginners and experienced alike. With its easy-to-use interface, you can achieve great-sounding mixes with just a few clicks.
It also offers a bus option and 2-band shelf EQ, making it the perfect tool for any music. If you’re looking for an easy way to get great-sounding mixes, Konsol is a great option.
- 3-band mixing console
- Bus option
- 2-band shelf EQ
Download: Konsol | OS: PC / Mac
Frontier is one of the best plugins available online, with a straightforward and clean graphical interface. The plugin has excellent sound quality with a transparent mixing/mastering limiter that can tame the loudest amplitude peaks.
It also has a sound shaper to give your audio some extra character. Frontier is a great option if you’re looking for a great-sounding and easy-to-use plugin. It is sure to give your audio the extra edge you need.
- Transparent mixing/mastering limiter
- Powerful audio shaper
Download: Frontier | OS: Windows / Mac
This plugin has a GUI design with 12 graphic bands. It includes 3-bands quick eq, adjustable high-end low-high exciters, magnetic tape saturator, lowpass/highpass filters, crosstalk emulation (2 models), and 22 presets.
This plugin is a great choice for those who want a powerful yet simple to use mastering VST plugin. You’re sure to be impressed with the audio quality and ease of use.
- GUI design with 12 graphic bands
- 3-bands quick eq
- Adjustable high-end low-high exciters
- Magnetic tape saturator
- Lopass/hipass filters
- Crosstalk emulation (2 models)
- 22 presets??
Download: CS12M Master | OS: Windows
Bus Compressor is a stereo bus compressor.
Download: Bus Compressor | OS: Windows
CS-12 Master Channel Strip
The mastering workhorse.
- In-output gain + reset
- Pan + wide
- Invert output
- Left/right phase invert
- Phase meter
- 12 Graphic bands
- 9 Q settings
- Clipper + drive
- Stereo doubler
- Lowpass, Highpass
- Punch mode
- NY compressor (soft/hard)+ Knock
- Tape saturator
- ReLife recover (C)
- Low-High Exciters
- EQ 12-6 dB switch
- Output 12-6 dB switch
- 22 presets
- In-out meters + peak hold. Meters on/off
- HQ engine – multicore support
Download: CS-12 | OS: Windows
DeeSpeaker simulates near-field speakers placed at an angle of 45 degrees to 1m destinations with a headphone.
DeeSpeaker synthesizes the sound as it is generated from an accurate monitor speaking in a good setting and the reflections sound in the studio by advanced filter processing and phase processing.
Download: DeeSpeaker | OS: PC / Mac
dpMeter is a precise digital audio multi-channel meter including RMS, EBUR128, and TruePeak (intersample) measurement.
- Click-free 64-bit internal processing.
- 2 measurement modes: RMS/EBU R128.
- Multi-channel metering: 2-6 RMS channels, 2.0 stereo, 4.0, 4.1, and 5.1 surround.
- RMS: integrated, momentary, peak, and true peak.
- EBU R128: integrated, momentary, short-term, true pack, and loudness range.
- True Peak measurement based on ITU 1770.
- Continuous/synced measurement.
- Record metering results as automation data.
- Large and accurate live meters.
Download: dpMeter | OS: PC / Mac
easyLimiter is a limiter designed for easy mastering.
Made based on research in the field of wave attenuation of high peak that creates problems audition: rattles, crackling, distortions, and other unwanted sounds.
- Clear and smooth audio
- Big volume with no unwanted sounds.
- Continuous sound and very close to the original line.
- Extremely low resources, unique in the area of audio limiters.
- Look Ahead: detection of peaks is made before sound playing, this results in a very little delay and has no importance in the mastering process. This feature detects all peaks in time can be limited.
- Attack attenuation envelope. This feature makes continuous sound and is very close to the original line.
- Release attenuation envelope. This feature improves the continuous line of the sound.
- The Stereo link combines attenuation with stereo balance.
- Left and right attenuation with memory storing.
Download: easyLimiter | OS: PC / Mac
Masquarade is a Master Channel EQ with Mid/Side mode that can be used to shape the sound of your music in great detail. It offers four bands for left/right and 11 frequencies for each band, and 5 LP/HP filters for each side.
You can also solo listen to the Mid/Side mode to understand better how it affects audio. There are 23 great presets to get you started, making this plugin a great choice for those looking for an easy way to get great-sounding mixes.
- 4 bands of EQ for left/right
- 11 frequencies for each band
- 5 LP/HP filters for each side
- Solo listen to Mid/Side mode
Download: Masquarade | OS: Windows
Toned is a specialized tone-shaping plugin with analog modeling. It allows you to delay and phase compensated mix control and adjust input and output metering with peak and loudness meters.
It also has an internal 64-bit precision with a 2x fixed oversampling rate. The knob controllers have fine- and superfine- control, and there is also a built-in A-B comparison. You can make very precise adjustments to the tone of your tracks.
- Analog modeling
- Fine and superfine control knob controllers
- A-B comparison
- 64-bit precision with 2x fixed oversampling rate
- Delay and phase compensated mix control
- Input and output metering with peak and loudness meters
Download: Toned | OS: PC / Mac
MQ57 is a parametric equalizer designed for mastering. It has seven parametric minimum-phase filters per channel, five of them are peak filters, and two are shelf filters. With a specialized balance and tilt control, MQ57 is perfect for subtle equalization tasks.
It also has high-pass and low-pass filters for spectrum edges. The zero latency and low CPU consumption make it perfect for any studio. If you’re looking for a high-quality parametric equalizer, MQ57 is a great option.
- 7 parametric minimum-phase filters per channel
- 5 peak filters
- 2 shelf filters
- High-pass and low-pass filters
- Low CPU consumption
Download: MQ57 | OS: Windows
This advanced spectral analyzer and sonogram can help you perfect your music. It features smoothing, normalization, super-resolution, prefiltering, and reharmonization to make your music sound its best.
It also provides a peak meter and EBU R128 and ITU-R BS 1770-3 compliant loudness meter to help you keep your music sounding loud and clear. Try out this plugin if you’re looking for an all-in-one solution for your music.
- Advanced spectral analyzer and sonogram
- Smoothing, normalization, super-resolution, prefiltering and deharmonization
- Peak meter and EBU R128 and ITU-R BS 1770-3 compliant loudness meter
Download: MAnalyzer | OS: PC / Mac
Voxengo Overtone GEQ
If you’re looking to add richness and harmonic overtones to your audio material, the Voxengo Overtone GEQ is a great option. This free 7-band graphic equalizer features internal channel routing capabilities and supports mid/side processing.
With its EQ shape adjustments and overtone controls, you can easily add depth and dimension to your tracks. You must want to try out this plugin if you’re looking for a way to add more life to your music.
- 7-band graphic equalizer
- Internal channel routing
- Supports mid/side processing
- EQ shape adjustments
- Overtone controls
Download: Voxengo Overtone GEQ | OS: Windows / Mac
x10 Multiband Compressor
This plugin is a great option if you want to give your mixes the finishing touch. It is a powerful yet easy-to-use tool that can add punch, polish, and professionalism to your mixes.
This plugin is one of the best free plugins for mastering. It features 10 independent compression bands, each with its threshold, ratio, attack, release, and makeup gain controls.
- 10 bands of compression/limiting
- Low CPU usage
- Advanced controls for each band
Download: x10 Multiband | OS: Windows
This versatile compressor can be used in the studio or live. It has adjustable attack and release times to suit your needs and a threshold that can be set to control the amount of compression.
The ratio can also be adjusted to taste. This plugin is great for adding snap to acoustic or electric guitars and bass guitars. Don’t forget to try it out if you’re looking for a great audio compressor.
- Attack and release times
Download: dBComp | OS: PC / Mac
Limited-Z is a perfect plugin for mixing with great features and a larger interface. Its Spectral Analyzer view will allow you to catch any sound that might be distorting your music.
The Waveform history view perfectly shows you how the audio has been processed over time. With the ability to set your defaults, you’ll be able to get the perfect audio every time.
- Large interface for easy mixing
- Spectral Analyzer view for catching sound distortions
- Waveform history view
- Ability to set your defaults
Download: Limited-Z | OS: PC / Mac
Mastering LPEQ is an innovative linear phase equalizer that is dedicated to mastering. It offers solo buttons for individual channels, separate gain knobs for individual channels, and one input gain control.
Additionally, it has peak metering with VU & peak indicator and true linear phase processing. Its innovative bandwidth & precision controls make it an ideal tool for mastering.
- Dedicated mastering VST
- Innovative linear phase equalizer
- Solo buttons for individual channels
- Separate gain knobs for individual channels
- One input gains control
- Peak metering with VU & peak indicator
- True linear phase processing
- Innovative bandwidth & precision controls
Download: Mastering LPEQ | OS: Windows
Mid-Side Signal Processor
This is a unique plugin that can help you improve your music. You can create more polished and professional mastering by adjusting the main instruments’ bass, vocals, and arrangement.
Additionally, the plugin provides full automation, allowing you to adjust the sound of your music easily. Be sure to try out this plugin if you’re looking for a way to improve your music.
- Intuitive interface
- Full automation
- Create a more polished and professional audio
Download: Mid-Side Signal Processor | OS: Windows
LALA is a Teletronix LA-2A optical limiter/compressor simulation. It includes a filter sidechain, an external sidechain, and a mix to let you dial in the perfect amount of compression.
With its simple interface and great sound, LALA is an easy-to-use plugin that can help you achieve the perfect sound for your music. You might want to try it if you’re looking for a great-sounding compressor.
- Simple interface
- Great audio
- Includes filter sidechain, external sidechain, and mix
Download: LALA | OS: PC / Mac
BT Clipper is a limiter/clipper with three different clipping voices and a mid-range tone knob, allowing you to find the perfect sound for your needs. The Input/output faders make it easy to fine-tune the amount of clipping, while the Phase toggle and Drive knob let you get the perfect sound.
The menu also lets you choose between hard, soft, and analog clipping to find the perfect sound for your needs. It is one of the best free plugins for mastering due to its simple interface and great sound.
- 3 clipping voices
- Mid-range tone knob
- Input/output faders
- Phase toggle
- Drive knob
Download: BT Clipper | OS: PC / Mac
TDR VOS SlickEQ
TDR VOS SlickEQ is a mixing/mastering equalizer designed for ease of use, musical flexibility, and impeccable sound.
Three (and a half) filter bands arranged in a classic Low/Mid/High semi-parametric layout offer fast and intuitive access to four distinct EQ modes, each representing a set of distinct EQ curves and behaviors.
An elaborate auto gain option automatically compensates for changes in perceived loudness during EQ operation. Optionally, SlickEQ allows to exclusively process the stereo sum or stereo difference (i.e., stereo width) without additional sum/difference encoding.
SlickEQ offers a switchable EQ non-linearity and an output stage with four different saturation models to warm up the material with additional harmonic content.
These options are meant to offer subtle and interesting textures rather than noticeable distortion. The effect adds the typical mojo often associated with classy gear.
- Intuitive, yet flexible semi parametric EQ layout
- Modern user interface with outstanding usability and ergonomics
- Carefully designed 64bit delta multi-rate structure
- Three EQ bands with an additional 18dB/Oct high-pass filter
- Four distinct EQ models: American, British, German, and Soviet with optional non-linearity
- Five output stages: Linear, Silky, Mellow, Deep, and Toasted
- Advanced saturation algorithms by VoS (Stateful saturation)
- Highly effective and musically pleasing loudness compensated auto gain control
- Stereo and sum/difference processing options
- Tool-bar with undo/redo, A/B, advanced preset management, and more
Download: TDR VOS SlickEQ | OS: PC / Mac
HPL2 is a professional binaural conversion technology HPL used by some Japanese labels that produce high-quality, high-resolution music when producing a sound source version for headphones. By using this HPL2 Processor plugin, you will be able to listen to the same mix-balanced sound as you listen to a 2-ch stereo sound source with a speaker, even with headphones or earphones.
The music sound source is made to be comfortable for the speaker. Realizing with the headphones and earphones without breaking the mix balance is very important to obtain the original sound.
It is not an effector that adds something and makes it pleasant. It plays original good sound correctly even with headphones and earphones.
Download: HPL2 | OS: PC / Mac
Instant is a pre-mastering processor.
- One knob Pre Master effect.
- Tone Dial.
- Output Gain Dial.
Download: Instant | OS: PC / Mac
KlipFreak is a peak clipper.
Download: KlipFreak | OS: PC / Mac
MHORSE P3 mkII
MHORSE P3 is a parallel mastering processor.
- Full Bypass
- EQ Bypass
- In/Output -3dB option
- 3 parallel parametric (serial) equalizers
- 6 Q wide settings per band
- 4 freq. for low, mid, high
- Boost/cut option per band
- Peak/LoShelf – Peak/HiShelf
- Loudness boost filter
- Combined Par/Ser EQ option (post ser)
- Special filters: Mellow, Punch, Body, and Shine (39K) modes
- MS Parallel Clarity processor
- NY Parallel Compressor
- NY Solo, link/unlink channels, Motown & Aural enhancer
- 3 bands Parallel Tape Saturator
- DC remover
- MS Parallel Stereo Widener without loss off-center (3 modes)
- CrossTalk emulator (2 modes: Vintage, Modern)
- Low / High Exciters
- Unique Deharsh processor with Stereo/Mid/Side modes.
- Old style VU meters (-60dB~+6dB)
- VU lights on/off animation
- Pan peak/correlation and Source material detector meters
- Input/output 3-color peak leads
- 3-color i/o headroom leads for low, mid, high
- Effects energy/compress meters
- Parallel/Serial switch
- Software tooltips
Download: MHORSE P3 mkII | OS: Windows
What’s Your Favorite Mastering VST Plugin?
I hope you enjoy these free mastering VST plugins, which are the best mastering software available online for free.
Please share this article and check out more free VST plugins.
Related: What is Mastering Music