Here are the best Free Mastering VST Plugins online that can be used with FL Studio, Reason, Ableton Live, and other VST supported software.
Tutorial: How to Install VST Plugins
Best Free Mastering VST Plugins
Instructions: Click each link below and look around each website for the download link or button. Do not install any suspicious software.
Span – PC / Mac
SPAN is a free real-time “fast Fourier transform” audio spectrum analyzer AAX, AudioUnit and Mastering VST plugin for professional sound and music production applications. For the most part it was derived from Voxengo GlissEQ dynamic parametric equalizer and reproduces its spectrum analysis functionality.
- Fast Fourier transform spectrum analyzer
- Stereo, mid-side, surround spectrum analyzer
- Stereo correlation meter
- K level meter
- RMS, peak level and clipping detector
Loudmax – PC / Mac
LoudMax is a Look-Ahead Brickwall Loudness Maximizer Mastering Plugin with a clean transparent sound. It is designed to retain the original character of the music as much as possible even at high compression levels.
- True Peak Limiting (Further information for ISP below)
- Supported Sample rates: 2kHz – 384kHz
- Latency: 1.25ms (+ 6 samples with ISP)
- Look-Ahead and Attack Time: 1.25ms
- Release Time: Automatic – depending on the input signal
- No audible distortion
- Possible overdrive: 740dB
- Very low CPU usage
Limiter 6 – PC / Mac
This is a more complex and versatile take on limiting. It offers more control than LoudMax, which can be helpful if your program material requires detailed tweaking.Its five modules include: RMS compressor, peak limiter, high-frequency limiter, clipper, and true peak limiter.
- 5 modules: RMS compressor, peak limiter, high-frequency limiter, clipper, true peak limiter
- High-quality signal processing to use for mastering purposes
- Brickwall and soft limiting with different timing settings
- M/S and multiband modes
- Optional 4x oversampling
- True inter-sample peaks (ISP) limiting
- Analog-style indication
- 2 different GUIs
MV Meter – PC / Mac
mvMeter is a multivariable meter including RMS, EBUR128, VU and PPM measurement.
- behavior of classic analog VU and PPM meters
- multiple measurement modes: PEAK, RMS, EBU R128, VU and PPM
- multi channel metering: stereo, left, right, mid, side channel
- large and accurate live meters
- adjustable pre-gain, gain matching
- 64-bit internal processing
- 5 different meter themes
- GUI resizing up 400%, ready for 4k displays
Stereo Tool V3 – PC / Mac
StereoTool offers ultra-precise control of input gain and individual pan for left and right channels, accurate visual feedback reflecting the signal content with; a vector scope, PPM meters for inputs/outputs, phase correlation meter permanently monitoring the signal and individual left and right polarity reversal
- Up to 8 channels Input/Output.
- 64-bits internal floating point processing.
- Sampling rate up to 384 kHz DXD (Pyramix & Ovation MassCore/Native)
- Sampling rate up to 192 kHz for native (AU/VST/AAX/AAX AudioSuite).
Marvel GEQ – PC / Mac
Marvel GEQ allows audio engineers and musicians to apply quick EQ shape adjustments, both to audio tracks and full mixes. The linear-phase filtering offered by Marvel GEQ is suitable for equalization tasks where high quality and excellent sonic character are a mu
- Track graphic equalizer
- Voice streaming equalizer Mastering VST plugin
- Mastering graphic equalizer
- Stereo, mid-side, 5.1 surround equalizer
- Transparent graphic equalizer
A1 Stereo Control – PC / Mac
Stereo expansion is often used in moderation during the mastering stage, though it can also be employed on individual tracks when mixing. The idea is to give your tracks more width and make them sound more expansive. One problem can be widening the bass end, as bass should remain centered to retain focus and power.
IVGI – PC / Mac
IVGI can deliver very soft and subtle saturation, that feels at home on the master buss. It is equally capable of very dense and dirty distortion effects to spice up single tracks.
SoftClipper – PC / Mac
ClipShifter is a wave shaping audio Mastering VST plugin that functions like a clipping-style limiter, and can be used at all mixing stages, from distorting basses and drums to maximizing mix buses and warming up mixes.
- Clipping style limiter: from transparent sounding compression to hard clipping distortion
- Controls for Clip Shape (hard to soft) and harmonics (even- and odd-order), so you can be in control of the sound
- Low CPU usage for running multiple instances on multiple tracks
- Standard LVC-Audio metering, including VU-style, PPM-style, and loudness meters to easily monitor input and output levels
- Scalable waveform history view with click-and-drag editing of threshold controls to easily change and set clipping levels based on the incoming signal
- 3-band crossover (paid feature) control utilizing 4th order LR filters for flat crossover response
- Independent frequency clipping (paid feature) to target the right frequencies for processing and selectable EQ gain controls that can be used pre- or post-processing
FerricTDS – PC / Mac
Inspired by the smooth dynamic shaping capabilities of some high-end reel-to-reel tape recorders, Ferrics TDS tape dynamics simulator – simulates three of the most distinctive and much appreciated sonic effects generated by these devices: dynamics, saturation, limiting.
- Performs gentle audio dynamic treatments.
- Masters difficult to handle audio material.
- Adds extra harmonics and saturation effects.
- Controls outgoing audio peaks.
After – Windows
After is a mastering processor
- Clarity effect.
- Newyork compressor.
- Punch & Body eq.
- 40K Aero enhancer.
- Output Gain.
Bus Compressor – Windows
CS-12 Master Channel Strip – Windows
The mastering workhorse.
- In-output gain + reset
- Pan + wide
- Invert output
- Left/right phase invert
- Phase meter
- 12 Graphic bands
- 9 Q settings
- Clipper + drive
- Stereo doubler
- Lopass, Hipass
- Punch mode
- NY compressor (soft/hard)+ Knock
- Tape saturator
- ReLife recover (C)
- Low-High Exciters
- EQ 12-6 dB switch
- Output 12-6 dB switch
- 22 presets
- In-out meters + peakhold. Meters on/off
- HQ engine – multicore support
DeeSpeaker – Windows / Mac
DeeSpeaker simulates near-field speaker that are placed at an angle of 45 degrees to 1m destination with a headphone. DeeSpeaker synthesizes the sound as it is generated from real monitor speaker in a good settings, as well as the reflections sounds in studio, by advanced filter processing and phase processing.
dpMeter – Windows / Mac
dpMeter is a precise digital audio multi channel meter including RMS, EBUR128 and TruePeak (intersample) measurement.
- Click-free 64-bit internal processing.
- 2 measurement modes: RMS/EBU R128.
- Multi channel metering: 2-6 RMS channels, 2.0 stereo, 4.0, 4.1 and 5.1 surround.
- RMS: integrated, momentary, peak and true peak.
- EBU R128: integrated, momentary, short term, true pack and loudness range.
- True peak measurement based on ITU 1770.
- Continuous/synced measurement.
- Record metering results as automation data.
- Large and accurate live meters.
easyLimiter – Windows / Mac
easyLimiter is a limiter designed for easy mastering. Made based on our research in the field of wave attenuation of high peak that creates problems audition: rattles, crackling, distortions and other unwanted sounds.
- Clear and smooth sound.
- Big volume with no unwanted sounds.
- Continuous sound and very close to the original line.
- EXTREMELY low resources, UNIQUE in the area of audio limiters.
- Look Ahead: detection of peaks are made before sound playing, this result a very little delay has no importance in the mastering process. This feature detects all peaks in time to can be limited.
- Attack attenuation envelope. This feature make continuous sound and very close to the original line.
- Release attenuation envelope. This feature improves continuous line of the sound.
- Stereo link combines attenuation with stereo balance.
- Left and right attenuation with memory storing.
TDR VOS SlickEQ – Windows / Mac
TDR VOS SlickEQ is a mixing/mastering equalizer designed for ease of use, musical flexibility and impeccable sound. Three (and a half) filter-bands arranged in a classic Low/Mid/High semi-parametric layout offer fast and intuitive access to four distinct EQ modes, each representing a set of distinct EQ curves and behaviors. An elaborate auto gain option automatically compensates for changes of perceived loudness during EQ operation. Optionally, SlickEQ allows to exclusively process either the stereo sum or stereo difference (i.e. “stereo width”) without additional sum/difference encoding. In order to warm up the material with additional harmonic content, SlickEQ offers a switchable EQ non-linearity and an output stage with 4 different saturation models. These options are meant to offer subtle and interesting textures, rather than obvious distortion. The effect is made to add the typical “mojo” often associated with classy audio gear.
- Intuitive, yet flexible semi parametric EQ layout
- Modern user interface with outstanding usability and ergonomics
- Carefully designed 64bit “delta” multi-rate structure
- Three EQ bands with additional 18dB/Oct high-pass filter
- Four distinct EQ models: “American”, “British”, “German” and “Soviet” with optional non-linearity
- Five output stages: “Linear”, “Silky”, “Mellow”, “Deep” and “Toasted”
- Advanced saturation algorithms by VoS (“Stateful saturation”)
- Highly effective and musically pleasing loudness compensated auto gain control
- Stereo and sum/difference processing options
- Tool-bar with undo/redo, A/B, advanced preset management and more
HPL2 – Windows / Mac
HPL2 is a professional binaural conversion technology HPL used by some Japanese label that produces high-quality high-resolution music when producing a sound source version for headphones By using this HPL2 Processor plug-in, you will be able to listen to the same mix-balanced sound as you listen to a 2-ch stereo sound source with a speaker, even with headphones or earphones. Originally the music sound source is made to be comfortable for the speaker. Realizing with the headphones and the earphone without breaking the mix balance is very important to obtain the original sound. It is not an effector that adds something and makes it pleasant. It play original good sound correctly even with headphones and earphones.
Instant – Windows / Mac
Instant is a pre-mastering processor.
- One knob Pre Master effect.
- Tone Dial.
- Output Gain Dial.
KlipFreak – Windows / Mac
MHORSE P3 mkII – Windows
MHORSE P3 is a parallel mastering processor.
- Full Bypass.
- EQ Bypass.
- In/Output -3dB option.
- 3 parallel parametric (serial) equalizers.
- 6 Q wide settings per band.
- 4 freq. for low, mid, high.
- Boost/cut option per band.
- Peak/LoShelf – Peak/HiShelf.
- Loudness boost filter.
- Combined Par/Ser EQ option (post ser).
- Special filters: Mellow, Punch, Body and Shine (39K) modes.
- MS Parallel Clarity processor.
- NY Parallel Compressor.
- NY Solo, link/unlink channels, Motown & Aural enhancer.
- 3 bands Parallel Tape Saturator.
- DC remover.
- MS Parallel Stereo Widener without loss off center (3 modes).
- CrossTalk emulator (2 modes: Vintage, Modern).
- Low / High Exciters.
- Unique Deharsh processor with Stereo/Mid/Side modes.
- Old style VU meters (-60dB~+6dB).
- VU lights on/off animation.
- Pan peak/correlation and Source material detector meters.
- Input/output 3-color peak leds.
- 3-color i/o headroom leds for low, mid, high.
- Effects energy/compress meters.
- Parallel/Serial switch.