Having a blog can be a wonderful marketing tool when used correctly. It allows you to build an audience, network with others, and promote the things you want. There are thousands of people who are making a living off their own blogs online.
Here are 5 ways for music producers to make money from having a blog.
1. Sell Beats
Having a blog gives you the chance to market your beats to music artists. In a poll I did on this site, music producers voted that the hardest thing in their career right now was getting their music heard.
It will be hard to get traffic to a one page profile or website. But an active blog is always pushing out fresh new content. If your content is good, visitors will come to your site and share that content with others.
Web traffic is essential to getting your music heard, and getting your music heard will lead to more beat sells.
Example beat store: View Beat Store
Example beat submission page: View Beat Submission Page
2. Sell Products
If you have been producing music for a couple years, you have skills and are knowledgeable about music production. With those skills you can create byproducts. Byproducts are something that is produced in the making of something else. You can use your knowledge and experience to create a number of products to sell.
Music Product Ideas
- Drum Kits & Samples – Over the years you may have developed a number of custom samples that people will pay for.
- Educational Material – Making music is a trial and error process. If you can create content that teaches fellow music producers to make better music, use software, mix music, etc. You can offer that as a product.
- Sell Sounds or Patches – When using music software or hardware, you will create tons of custom sound patches that fit your needs. You can package those up and sell them to fellow producers.
- Other Products: The options for a product are limitless. Once you find an audience, you can understand their needs and create a product to sale.
Example product store: View Product Store
3. Offer Services
If you have been making music for a while, you will have acquired a number of skills that people can pay for. In this digital age, you don’t need to be in the same city, state, or even county to work with others. So you can have clients all over the world.
Audio Service Ideas
- Custom Audio Tracks
- Song Writing
- Sound Design
- Audio Intros
- Voice Over Recording
- Movie Scoring
Example services page: View Services Page
Example accept payment page: View Payment Page
4. Banner Ads
Banner ads might be the most popular way to make money today. You can sign up for a number of free services and by people clicking the ads on your site, you will make money. Google AdSense is the most popular ad service. You simply sign up, add the code to your website, and you get paid anytime someone clicks an ad.
You can earn $0.05 to $2.00 per ad click depending on the ad.
5. Affiliate Programs
Affiliate programs work like this, you sign up, promote a product or service by linking to it, and if someone buys that product or signs up for that service, you get paid. You don’t necessarily have to say “Go Buy PRODUCT-NAME”. You can simply just write about things in your life, music gear you own, services you use, etc, and link it to the product.
Amazon offers a popular affiliate program because they have so many products to link too.
Other ways to make money blogging
- Network to Find Work – Having a blog will introduce you to many new people who can spread the word about what you do and services you offer.
- Member Exclusive Content – You can create a premium content area that people have to pay a monthly fee to access.
- Sponsored Post – If you build a huge fan base, some people will pay you to do a post about their products or services on your site to promote to your audience.
Those are a few ideas on how to make money with a blog.
Having a blog can be a great way to make additional income.
All business minded people should focus on having multiple income sources. Never depend on one source of income, because no job is 100% safe.
All of the example website links in this post were of the Music Maker WordPress theme that was built specifically for music makers. So check the Music Maker theme out.
Get the best from our blog.
Get music production tips, interviews, free samples, drums, and more. Unsubscribe at any time.