Here is a collection of the best apps to record music online. Record vocals and instruments without installing software.
Since these online music recording apps are browser-based, they work on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
These apps are great because you can work from any computer with the internet, and some of the sites offer collaboration features to work with other music creators.
FAQ: Can I Record Music Online For Free?
Yes. There are many sites that allow you to record music online for free. BandLab offers a great multitrack editor to record vocals, virtual instruments, and mix audio. You can record your voice and instruments through Google Chrome.
Recording music online makes it easier to collaborate with other musicians on songs or projects and share compositions with them for feedback.
Suggested: Free Online Audio Editors
Best Online Music Recording Apps
Click the images below to visit each app to record music online.
1. Record Songs Online
You can upload an instrumental or karaoke track and then record vocals over it to create your own song online.
Once you have tuned the voice audio filters, you can combine them with karaoke tracks and save the final song.
There are a variety of effects available, such as reverb, equalization, volume, panning, and pass filters.
BandLab is a free multitrack music program to record music and instruments online.
Musicians and friends all over the world can collaborate with this cloud music software.
Record music, mix audio, and browse your music projects simultaneously using this free music app.
It is necessary to create a free account.
- Play digital instruments, record instruments, and record vocals
- Lyrics Writing Tools
- Edit Vocal Recordings
- Add Audio Effects
- Export Separated Tracks
- Export in WAV or MP3
- Online Collaboration With Music Artists
- Record Over Instrumentals
- Create Shareable Previews For Others to Listen Too
- Time Stretching
Musicians from all over the world can collaborate on music projects through Soundtrap, an easy-to-use online music production studio.
With Soundtrap, musicians and singers can record their own beats and music. You can record, compose, and mix all in one application.
A music app like this allows producers to make their own songs and define the sound they want.
Turn your ideas into reality with this online music app. There are pre-set instruments and tracks for every genre you want to work with.
You can also record vocals or instruments for greater depth.
- Apply Autotune Effects to Your Vocals.
- Engage music creators
- Using automation, adjust volume and pan as you wish.
- Create custom drum patterns.
- Over 4,000 audio presets and loops are available.
- Record audio – Record audio directly from a microphone, guitar, keyboard, or other musical instruments.
4. Soundation Studio
With Soundation Studio, musicians can produce and collaborate on recordings of the highest quality.
The application provides users with tools for recording, mixing, and mastering audio as well as the ability to work remotely.
- The VA synthesizer, GM-2, Wub Machine, Supersaw, SPC, and FM synthesizer are among the Virtual Instruments.
- Default effects: Reverb, Phaser, Tremolo, Distortion, reverb, tremolo, delays, etc.
- Collaborate With Music Creators
- Export Audio
- Google Chrome is suggested.
5. Amped Studio 2
Amped Studio 2 is an online music studio and music production suite.
It can be used either by amateurs or professionals.
This music app allows you to play MIDI and record audio tracks simultaneously.
Layer instruments on top of vocals on the same track.
- Create An Free Account
- Virtual Instruments
- Online MIDI Editor
- Sound Effects
- Use Music Loops
- Share Projects
- Extensive Sound Library
You can use Audiotool in your browser to produce music online.
- Over 250,000 sample presets and samples are available for download.
- You can choose from Beatbox, Bassline, and more.
- Graphical equalizer, auto-filter, stereo enhancement, stomp boxes
- Ability to collaborate with other producers
- Needs a free account
7. Snap Jam
With SnapJam you can record music online using free music tools.
The mixer includes a built-in online drum machine that can help create background tracks.
Music instruments and vocals can be recorded using a microphone.
- Free Account
- Record Audio
- Chat with Musicians
- Audio Loops
- 13 Virtual Instruments
- Drum Machine
8. Reverb Online Song Recorder
The Reverb Record app lets you record song vocals for free online, and share your music with links or embed it on social media websites. You do not need to register.
- Create Shareable Links
- Embed on Social Sites
- Title Music Tracks
9. Dictaphone Voice Recorder
Through your web browser, you can record sound or voice with Dictaphone.
- Overdub audio mistakes. Replace bad takes.
- Supports layered tracks – Multiple audio tracks can be recorded and overlaid. Use this to record complex recordings.
- Provides undo and redo actions.
- You can also export to MP3.
- Supports loop playback.
- Shareable link.
What Do I Need to Record Music Online?
To record music online you can visit any of the websites above. For the best experience, you should be using the latest version of Google Chrome.
Google Chrome and Apple Safari both support recording audio through your web browser.
Do the following to record audio online:
- Connect a microphone to your computer.
- In one of the music recording applications click the record button
- Your web browser will ask for permission to record audio through the browser. Click Yes.
You should now be able to record your own vocals and instruments through your web browser.
We hope you find these online music recording apps helpful.
If we missed any apps that let you record music online, please let us know in the comments.