Here is a collection of the best free online MIDI editors and free online MIDI players to edit MIDI files online in your web browser.
These free tools offer online piano roll editors so you can upload a MIDI file, make changes, and export the MIDI file to your desktop. All these online MIDI editors and players are browser-based, so they work with Windows, Mac, and Linux.
Best Free Online MIDI Editors & MIDI Players
Instructions: Click the images below to visit each MIDI editor.
- Signal Online Piano Roll Editor
- Online Sequencer
- Music Box Maniac
- Online MIDI Editor & Player
- Muki MIDI File Player
- Cloud MIDI Player
- Chip Player JS MIDI Player
- HTML Online MIDI Player
- MIDI Player XG
- MIDI Editor FAQs
1. Signal Online Piano Roll Editor
Signal is an open-source free online MIDI editor and player packed with helpful MIDI editing features.
Upload any MIDI files, modify the notes, and choose from over 110 instruments.
- Upload and Export MIDI Files
- Over 110 Virtual Instruments
- Online Piano Roll Editor
- Multitrack MIDI Note Editing
- Modify Velocity & Pitch
- Change the Tempo For Music
- 4/4 Time Signature
- Supported Browsers: Google Chrome, Firefox
2. Online Sequencer
This is a free online MIDI piano roll editor and player.
Upload MIDI files or load MIDI sequences from other online music creators.
- Offers 40+ Virtual Instruments
- Import & Export MIDI
- Customize Grid, Time Signature, BPM, & More
- Play Notes With External MIDI Controllers
3. Music Box Maniac
The Music Box Maniac online melody editor lets you create custom melodies and share them online.
- Shift and expand MIDI notes
- MIDI file import preview
- MIDI edit history
- Full-screen edit mode
AudioNodes is an online audio editor that can have multiple audio and MIDI tracks.
This site offers a piano roll editor and tons of other features.
The interface is not like most music applications, so it can be confusing to get started. But they have a helpful documentation website to learn about the application.
5. Online MIDI Editor & Player
Online MIDI is a free online MIDI editor and MIDI player.
Use pitch bends and controllers to create glides and stereo pans.
- Edit Pitch, Velocity, Duration
- Unlimited Tracks
- Available Effects: 3-band EQ, Reverb, Low-pass Filters, & LFO Modulators
- Export: MP3, WAV
- Import & Export MIDI Files
- Optimized for Google Chrome
JumpBox allows users to create and share chiptune melodies online.
You can upload and modify MIDI files.
JumpBox can play several rows of patterns simultaneously.
Each with its own set of patterns. The bottom row is for drums, while the majority of rows can play melodies or harmonies.
Notes can be added or removed by clicking on the gray lines at the top. The notes are automatically played out loud by JumpBox.
7. Muki MIDI File Player
The Muki MIDI Player allows you to drag a MIDI file into the window and it will play the MIDI song.
- Premade Playlist with Hundreds of MIDI Songs
- 3 Visualizers: Bouncing Bubbles, Plasma Lights, Sonogram Hills
- Supported Formats: .mid, .mus, .xmi, .mod, .xm, .it, .s3m, .psm, .amf, .ay, .gbs, .gym, .hes, .kss, .nsf, .sap, .snd, .spc, .vgm
8. Cloud MIDI Player
Cloud MIDI Player is a standard MIDI file player to play MIDI files in your browser.
Playing MIDI files does not require the installation of any software or plugins.
- Supported Formats: MIDI, KAR,HMP, MUS, XMI, MMPZ
- Browsers: Google Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Safari
9. Chip Player JS MIDI Player
Chip Player JS is a free online MIDI file player. It offers a vintage computer operating system appearance but offers great MIDI player features.
Offers a huge selection of pre-installed MIDI files: Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Classical Music, Jazz, and more.
- Audio Visualizer
- Search For Popular Video Game Tracks
- Drag & Drop MIDI Files to Listen
- Randomly Load Video Game MIDI Files
10. HTML Online MIDI Player
This is a simple website to play MIDI files in your web browser.
11. MIDI Player XG
The MIDI Player XG can playback XG or GS formatted MIDI files.
Drag and drop your MIDI file into the browser window to hear it played back.
MIDI Editor FAQs
What is An Online MIDI Editor?
An online MIDI editor allows you to upload and edit MIDI files online. MIDI editors allow you to edit, cut, and rearrange MIDI notes. You can also modify the pitch, velocity, and glides.
What Are MIDI Files?
MIDI files are files that store music sequences.
Where Can I Download Free MIDI files?
Please check out: 10 Best Websites for Free MIDI Files & Songs
We hope you find these free online MIDI editors helpful.
If we missed any online MIDI editors, please let us know in the comments.