Here is a collection of links to over 2,000 free SoundFonts and 3 free SoundFont players to download. SoundFonts are files that contain recorded audio samples of various musical instruments like Bass, Guitars, Organs, Pianos, Synth leads and much more.
SoundFonts are similar to VST plugins except they are one single instrument sound.
To play a SoundFont you will need a SoundFont Player. Software like FL Studio already come with a SoundFont player.
Free SoundFont Players
These are VST plugins so you will need a VST host to use them. Here is a tutorial on How to Install VST Plugins on Windows, Mac, or FL Studio.
Free SoundFont Websites
- SoundFonts.it – 22 Free SoundFonts.
- instrucol.ucoz.com – 25 SoundFonts.
- ntonyx.com – 17 SoundFonts.
- lysator.liu.se – Directory.
Small Free SoundFont Websites
- amvst.com – 13 SoundFonts.
- angelfire.com – 11 SoundFonts.
- johannes.frm – 9 SoundFonts.
- george44.freeserve.co.uk – 6 SoundFonts.
- personalcopy.com – 6 SoundFonts.
Direct SoundFont Links
- SoundFont GM Stereo Set (32mb)
- Digital Sound Factory SoundFont Examples (80mb)
- Digital Sound Factory E-MU X Examples ( 77mb )
- Cello Samples
What are SoundFonts?
SoundFonts are files that contain recorded audio samples of various musical instruments. A “pure” synthesizer would not use any recorded sound. It would create sound electronically, using different parameters to imitate instruments. Sampling synthesizers are different. They take a recorded sample and reuse it at different pitches and dynamic levels. Quality of sound depends here mainly on how many samples per instrument were recorded.
How to Use SoundFonts in Fl Studio for Hip Hop Beats
Here is a small overview on how to user Soundfonts in FL Studio.
P.S. If you want access to more free VST plugins, free samples, drums, and our best free content sign up for our newsletter.