Music Producer Talk is where music producers share info on the topic of the week. This weeks topic is How did you sell your first beat?
How to Sell Your First Beat
Here are some of the best tips left in the comments.
- Build trust… and to build trust you need to build a relationship with an artist. – Teodor
- I gave away a free beat, which led to a music artist buying 5 beats from me months later. – Kyle Smith
- Listening to the newest / hottest songs at the moment to create something catchy to attract artists to buy it. – Kevin Nguyen
- I would use accapellas over my beats and once they knew it was a made beat they liked them. – Chris
- I posted beats to my Soundcloud and YouTube, when someone contacted me about purchasing a beat of mine. – Aidan
- You have to make personal connections. This is the best way not only to get your first sale. – Crescendobeats
Contest Winner: Teodor
If you have tips on how to sell your first beat, please leave a comment below.