Here are some helpful videos of J. Cole, Pharrell Williams, and Rihanna on what it takes to create a hit song and get a song on the radio.
This post covers:
- How Much Does it Cost to Make a Hit Song?
- Pharrell Williams Created 9 Rejected Songs Before Hit Song “Happy”
- J. Cole Talks About What it Takes to Make a Hit Song
1. How Much Does it Cost to Make a Hit Song?
Getting a song on the pop charts takes big money. Def Jam started paying for Rihanna’s recent single, “Man Down,” more than 2 years before it was released.
In the pasts Def Jam has held a writing camps in L.A. to create the songs for Rihanna’s album.
2. Pharrell Williams Created 9 Rejected Songs Before Hit Song “Happy”
Pharrell Williams shares his experience of working on songs for the Despicable Me soundtrack.
Pharrell shares that he create 9 different songs for a part of the movie that were all rejected. But then inspiration finally hit and he created the biggest song of his career, “Happy“.
3. J. Cole Talks About What it Takes to Make a Hit Song
J. Cole talks about the many songs he created and presented to Jay Z to try and get his first album released.
Songs mentioned by J. Cole
What are your thoughts?