Here is a collection of the best Free Screen Recording Software to record your computer screen and create video tutorials.
We have found a variety of free screen video recorder apps that work for Windows, Mac, Linux, and web browsers.
Best Free Screen Recording Software
- Apowersoft Screen Recorder
- OBS Studio
- Flashback Recorder
- Screencastify Recorder
- Icecream Screen Recorder
- Tiny Take
Take screenshots. Shoot video and share your files. It’s fast, easy and free.
- Capture full screen, just part of the screen, or a selected window
- Highlight important details with pen, text, arrows, and shapes
- Hide private information with our blur tool
- Drop images on the Monosnap icon to upload them to the cloud
- Windows / Mac
2. Apowersoft Online Screen Recorder
This free screen recorder is web-based, meaning you don’t have to download screencast software to your computer to do the recording. Instead, you just open this free online screen recorder in your web browser.
- Ultra Simple Recording
- Export videos to MP4, WMV, AVI, FLV, MPEG, VOB, ASF, and GIF
- Record anything on the screen including video streams, demos, and chats.
- Windows / Mac
With Screencast-O-Matic free and easy-to-use screen recorder, you can capture any area of your screen with the option to add narration from your microphone and video from your webcam.
- Capture any part of your screen and start recording.
- Add any size webcam for a picture in picture effect.
- Narrate from your selected microphone as you record.
- Add stock music and captions to your recording.
- Windows/ Mac / Web Browser
4. OBS Studio
Free and open source software for video recording and live streaming. Download and start streaming quickly and easily on Windows, Mac or Linux.
- High-performance real-time video/audio capturing and mixing.
- Set up an unlimited number of scenes you can switch between seamlessly via custom transitions.
- Intuitive audio mixer with per-source filters such as noise gate, noise suppression, and gain.
- Windows / Mac / Linux
5. Flashback Recorder
Easy to use screen recorder, powerful editor, FlashBack Pro turns your screen recording into polished tutorials, presentations and more.
- Capture screen, webcam, sounds
- Delete unwanted footage
- Enhance videos with text, images, effects
- Add commentary and music
6. Screencastify Screen Recorder
The #1 screen recorder for Chrome. Record your entire desktop, an application, current browser tab, or just your webcam.
- Record offline
- Works with Chrome Browser
- Publish directly to Youtube
7. Icecream Apps Screen Recorder
Meet Icecream Screen Recorder, a tool that enables you to capture any area of your screen either as a screenshot or a video file.
The intuitive and easy-to-use software offers a complete suite of tools and options for professional screen capture with audio.
8. Tiny Take
TinyTake is a free screen capture video recording software for Microsoft Windows & Mac.
With TinyTake, you can capture images and videos of your computer screen, add comments and share them with others in minutes. TinyTake is built by MangoApps.
Simple screen recording with GIF and Twitter support.
Open source, simple screen capture, file sharing, and productivity tool.
- Easy screen capture sharing
- Productivity tools
- Annotation tools
CamStudio is able to record all screen and audio activity on your computer and create industry-standard AVI video files and using its built-in SWF Producer can turn those AVIs into lean, mean, bandwidth-friendly Streaming Flash videos (SWFs).
- You can use it to create demonstration videos for any software program
- You can create video tutorials for school or college class
- You can use it to create video-based information products you can sell
- You can even use it to record new tricks and techniques you discover on your favorite software program before you forget them
Ezvid For Windows: The Easiest Screen Recorder And Video Editor. With one click, you can record your screen with Ezvid, and capture whatever appears on your computer screen: Web pages, games, applications, paint programs, maps, and others.
- Fast & Easy Screen Recorder
- Instant Facecam & Voice Synthesis
- Awesome Video Editor
- Fun To Use
Screenpresso captures your desktop (screenshots and HD videos) for your training documents, collaborative design work, IT bug reports, and more.
- Capture what you see on your screen with just a few clicks.
- Manage your capture history by workspaces.
- Edit and highlight what matters in your screenshots with our built-in image editor.
- Drag & drop your captures to your emails to create attachments in 1 second.
Bandicam is a lightweight screen recorder for Windows that can capture anything on your PC screen as a high-quality video.
Also, it makes it possible to record a certain area on a PC screen or capture a game that uses the DirectX/OpenGL/Vulkan graphics technologies.
I hope you enjoy these free screen recording software programs.
Please don’t forget to share this article.