Here is a collection of the best Free Screen Recording Software to record your computer screen and create video tutorials.
We have found a variety of free screen video recorder apps that work for Windows, Mac, Linux, and web browsers.
Best Free Screen Recording Software
1. Monosnap – Windows / Mac
Make screenshots. Draw on it. Shoot video and share your files. It’s fast, easy and free.
- Capture full screen, just part of the screen, or a selected window
- Highlight important details with pen, text, arrows, and shapes
- Hide private information with our blur tool
- Drop images on the Monosnap icon to upload them to the cloud
2. Apowersoft Free Online Screen Recorder – Windows / Mac
This free screen recorder is web-based, meaning you don’t have to download screencast software to your computer to do the recording. Instead, you just open this free online screen recorder in your web browser.
- Ultra Simple Recording
- Export videos to MP4, WMV, AVI, FLV, MPEG, VOB, ASF and GIF
- Record anything on the screen including video streams, demonstration, and live chat.
3. Screencast-O-Matic – Windows/ Mac / Web Browser
With Screencast-O-Matic free and easy-to-use screen recorder, you can capture any area of your screen with the option to add narration from your microphone and video from your webcam.
- Capture any part of your screen and start recording.
- Add any size webcam for a picture in picture effect.
- Narrate from your selected microphone as you record.
- Add stock music and captions to your recording.
4. OBS Studio – Windows / Mac / Linux
Free and open source software for video recording and live streaming. Download and start streaming quickly and easily on Windows, Mac or Linux.
- High-performance real-time video/audio capturing and mixing.
- Set up an unlimited number of scenes you can switch between seamlessly via custom transitions.
- Intuitive audio mixer with per-source filters such as noise gate, noise suppression, and gain.
5. Flashback Recorder – Windows
Easy to use screen recorder, powerful editor, FlashBack Pro turns your screen recording into polished tutorials, presentations and more.
- Capture screen, webcam, sounds
- Delete unwanted footage
- Enhance videos with text, images, effects
- Add commentary and music
6. Screencastify Screen Recorder – Chrome Browser
The #1 screen recorder for Chrome. Record your entire desktop, an application, current browser tab or just your webcam.
- Record offline
- Works with Chrome
- Publish directly to Youtube
7. Icecream Apps Screen Recorder – Windows / Mac
Meet Icecream Screen Recorder, a tool that enables you to capture any area of your screen either as a screenshot or a video file. The intuitive and easy-to-use software offers a complete suite of tools and options for professional screen capture with audio.
8. Tiny Take – Windows / Mac
TinyTake is a free screen capture & video recording software for Microsoft Windows & Mac. With TinyTake, you can capture images and videos of your computer screen, add comments and share them with others in minutes. TinyTake is built by MangoApps.
9. Recordit – Windows / Mac
Simple screen recording with GIF and Twitter support.
10. ShareX – Windows
Open source, simple screen capture, file sharing, and productivity tool.
- Easy screen capture sharing
- Productivity tools
- Annotation tools
11. CamStudio – Windows
CamStudio is able to record all screen and audio activity on your computer and create industry-standard AVI video files and using its built-in SWF Producer can turn those AVIs into lean, mean, bandwidth-friendly Streaming Flash videos (SWFs).
- You can use it to create demonstration videos for any software program
- You can create video tutorials for school or college class
- You can use it to create video-based information products you can sell
- You can even use it to record new tricks and techniques you discover on your favorite software program before you forget them
12. Ezvid – Windows
Ezvid For Windows: The Easiest Screen Recorder And Video Editor. With one click, you can record your screen with Ezvid, and capture whatever appears on your computer screen: Web pages, games, applications, paint programs, maps and other.
- Fast & Easy Screen Recorder
- Instant Facecam & Voice Synthesis
- Awesome Video Editor
- Fun To Use
13. Screenpresso – Windows
Screenpresso captures your desktop (screenshots and HD videos) for your training documents, collaborative design work, IT bug reports, and more.
- Capture what you see on your screen with just a few clicks.
- Manage your capture history by workspaces.
- Edit and highlight what matter in your screenshots with our built-in image editor.
- Drag & drop your captures to your emails to create attachments in 1 second.
14. Bandicam – Windows
Bandicam is a lightweight screen recorder for Windows that can capture anything on your PC screen as a high-quality video. Also, it makes it possible to record a certain area on a PC screen or capture a game that uses the DirectX/OpenGL/Vulkan graphics technologies.
I hope you enjoy these free screen recording software programs. Please share this article and join our newsletter.