Here is a collection of the Best Free Graphic Design Software Programs for Window, Mac, Linux, and online browsers.
Start designing for free!
Best Free Graphic Design Software
1. Gravit Designer – Windows / Mac / Linux / Browser
Gravit Designer is a full-featured vector design app suitable for all manner of jobs, from screen and icon designs through to presentations, illustration and animation.
- Precision – Unmatched precision in any unit (Pixels, MM, CM, etc.) from creation to exporting.
- Structure – Powerful pages with masters, real layers and symbols to structure your content.
- Vector – Made for vector with non-destructive booleans, knife tool, and path graphs.
- Layout – Powerful grids, anchors and auto-layouts made for pixel perfect screen designs.
- Style – Multiple fills/borders, effects and blending modes together with shared styles.
- Text – Handcrafted powerful text engine with text on path, web fonts, styles and much more.
- Export – Export high quality PDFs, SVGs and Images using slices and multiple assets.
- Advanced – Presentations, sketch and EPS import, design templates, transformations, and more.
2. Inkscape – Windows / Mac / Linux
Inkscape is an open-source vector graphics editor similar to Adobe Illustrator, Corel Draw, Freehand, or Xara X. What sets Inkscape apart is its use of Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG), an open XML-based W3C standard, as the native format.
- Drawing: pencil tool (freehand drawing with simple paths), pen tool (creating Bézier curves and straight lines), calligraphy tool (freehand drawing using filled paths representing calligraphic strokes)
- Shape tools: rectangles (may have rounded corners), ellipses (includes circles, arcs, segments), stars/polygons (can be rounded and/or randomized), spirals
- Text tool (multi-line text, full on-canvas editing)
- Embedded bitmaps (with a command to create and embed bitmaps of selected objects)
- Clones (“live” linked copies of objects), including a tool to create patterns and arrangements of clones
- Transformations (moving, scaling, rotating, skewing), both interactively and by specifying exact numeric values
- Z-order operations (raising and lowering)
- Grouping objects (“select in group” without ungrouping, or “enter the group” making it a temporary layer)
- Layers (lock and/or hide individual layers, rearrange them, etc; layers can form a hierarchical tree)
- Alignment and distribution commands
3. GIMP – Windows / Mac / Linux
GIMP is a cross-platform image editor available for GNU/Linux, OS X, Windows and more operating systems. It is free software, you can change its source code and distribute your changes. Whether you are a graphic designer, photographer, illustrator, or scientist, GIMP provides you with sophisticated tools to get your job done. You can further enhance your productivity with GIMP thanks to many customization options and 3rd party plugins.
- High-Quality Photo Manipulation
- Photo Enhancement
- Digital Retouching
- Hardware Support
4. Krita – Windows / Mac / Linux
Krita is a FREE and open source painting tool designed for concept artists, illustrators, matte and texture artists, and the VFX industry. Krita has been in development for over 10 years and has had an explosion in growth recently. It offers many common and innovative features to help the amateur and professional alike. See below for some of the highlighted features.
- Brush Stabilizers
- Layer Masks
- Layer Management
- Pop-up Palette
- Brush Engines
- HDR Support
- PSD Support
- Resource Manager
5. Crello – Web Browser
The simplest online image editor to produce posts, covers, graphics, and posters using the best software on the web.
6. Photo Pos Pro – Windows / Mac
Photo Pos Pro is a popular free graphic design software which is powerful, friendly and faster. Our free photo editor provides you complete solution for to enhance you.
- Remove/erase/replace backgrounds
- Remove unwanted objects
- Fix poor photos
- Frames and Collages
- Advanced Photo Effects
- Stunning Text Effects
- RAW Files support
7. Pixlr – Mobile
Free graphic design software Pixlr claims to be ‘the most popular online photo editor in the world’. It boasts more than 600 effects, overlays and borders, and lets you do all the main things you’d expect from a photo editor, from cropping and resizing to removing red-eye and whitening teeth. This free app is available in both iOS and Android varieties.
- Create photo collages with a variety of choices for layout, background, and spacing.
- Balance out color in one easy click with Auto Fix.
- Layer multiple photos and blend them together to get a unique look, using Double Exposure.
- Stylize your image to look like a pencil drawing, an ink sketch, a poster, and more.
- Make your selfies beautiful with simple tools to remove blemishes and red-eyes or to whiten your teeth.
- Focus on one color with Color Splash or add impact with Focal Blur.
- Choose from a pool of effect packs to give your image the look and feel you want.
- Adjust the mood of the photo with overlays – amplify the tone, cool it down, or add surreal shades.
- Mask your photo with captions or overlay it with text. Choose from a variety of fonts.
- Finish off your editing process with the right border – pick a style that suits you.
- Keep things fresh with our growing catalog of additional effects, overlays, and border packs.
- Keep track of your favorite effects and overlays with the Favorites button.
- Resize images quickly and easily after editing.
- Share your photo directly with friends through Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or email.
Vectr is a free graphics software used to create vector graphics easily and intuitively. It’s a simple yet powerful web and desktop cross-platform tool to bring your designs into reality.
I hope you enjoy these free graphic design software. Please share this article and join our newsletter.