Here are the best online mixing courses to learn everything about audio equipment and audio production to become a pro.
These courses cover all the fundamentals of audio mixing, software, mixing consoles, effects, and VST plugins that will be helpful to you to create professional audio.
All these online mixing courses are on Skillshare. You can get access to all these classes by signing up for a 30-day free trial. Cancel at any time.
Skillshare has over 19,000 online courses covering all music production aspects from audio recording, music theory, mixing, piano, and more.
This guide has affiliate links for which we receive a commission at no cost to you.
The Best Audio Mixing Courses Online
These are the best mixing courses that will take you from a beginner to a pro fast.
- How to Mix Music with Young Guru
- Mixing At Home With Stock Plugins
- The Fundamentals of Mixing Music
- Mixing Music – Mix A Song Like a Pro
- Audio Mixing On The Go: Professional Sound
- The Complete Mixing Masterclass
- Mixing 101: EQ + Compression Essentials
- Mixing Your Music – Get a Professional Sound
- Mixing in Ableton Live
- Logic Pro X Mixing Course For Beat Makers
- How To Mix Vocals In Logic Pro X: Mixing Vocals
- Mixing a Hip Hop Vocal
- Ableton Live ( Vocal Recording, Mixing, Mastering )
- Music Production: EQ for Mixing your Music
- How To Mix & Master Radio Worthy Beats
- Best Audio Mixing Books
1. How to Mix Music with Young Guru
This course is designed for intermediate-level music producers. It is divided into four sections, and each course includes exclusive videos and resource material. The lessons include adding basic effects, determining levels, organizing a mix, and recognizing perfect tonal balance.
Students: 26,700+ | Rating: 90%
- Organizing a Mix
- Determining Levels
- Adding Effects: EQ
- Adding Effects: Reverb
- Adding Effects: Compression
- Tonal Balance
2. Mixing At Home With Stock Plugins
This intermediate-level course teaches you how to create a professional-sounding mix with the stock plugins that come with your DAW. You learn to use EQ, compression, reverb, distortion, and delay features to transform home-recorded tracks to commercial standard quality.
Students: 4,900+ | Rating: 99%
- Top-Down Mixing
- Mixing Drums
- Fattening Up The Bass
- The Rest Of The Band
- Mixing Vocals To Sit On Top
- Using Effects
- Quick Mastering
3. Mixing Tips 101: The Fundamentals of Mixing Music
This introductory mixing class will take you through several key audio mixing tips to elevate your hip-hop music production. You will learn about the organization and proper EQing, and the addition of effects. Although Logic Pro is the preferred software for teaching these mixing fundamentals, it can be applied to any DAW.
- Understanding the mixing process
- Organizing Your Project
- Busing Your Tracks
- More on Subtractive EQing
- Mixing Tips Introduction
- Frequencies 101
- How to Master Your Tracks Professionally
- Additive vs. Subtractive EQing
- Live Example of How I Mix Beats
- Mixing Beats at PBM Studios
- Getting The Proper Levels
- Adding effects
- Secret Mixing Tip
- Reference Track
- Creative Genius
- Listen On Different Speakers
- Audio formats
4. Mixing Music – Mix A Song Like a Pro
In this course, you will learn some of the best mixing techniques used to achieve professional-sounding pop-rock mixes. Some of the topics covered in this class are drums, bass guitar, acoustic guitar, and vocals. You will learn various production techniques to add life and excitement to your mixes.
Students: 3,400+ | Rating: 82%
- Effects Overview
- Output Routing Overview
- Master Fader Effects Overview
- Mixing The Drums
- Routing & Panning
- Kick Drum
- Snare Sample
- Hi-Hat and Ride
- Overheads and Room
- Mixing Bass, Electric, and Acoustic Guitars Introduction
- Bass Guitars
- Electric Guitars – Verse
- Electric Guitars – Chorus
- Acoustic Guitars – Chorus
- Supporting Guitars
5. Audio Mixing On The Go: Professional Sound
This course will teach you to mix tracks and get professional quality music through your laptop and a basic set of headphones. In this class, you will understand how you can mix your own music by referencing existing tracks and matching their levels, breaking down your track’s layers and frequencies, and much more.
Students: 2,100+ | Rating: 53%
- Song Elements
- Mixing Part 1 to 3
6. The Complete Mixing Masterclass
This masterclass is for anyone who loves to create their own music but doesn’t understand why their tracks sound different from the tracks they like. This class covers the basics of mixing up to finishing perfect tracks. This class uses Ableton Live, but it’s okay if you aren’t a Live user. This course is useful to everyone, no matter which audio platform they are working on.
Students: 1,900+ | Rating: 84%
- What is Mixing?
- What is Mastering?
- Focusing On The Listening Environment
- Finding Acoustic Problems
- Buying Studio Monitors
- Monitor Setup
- Monitor Settings
- Adding A Subwoofer
- My Less Than Perfect Setup
- Multiple Monitors And Mono
- The First Step In Mixing
- Session Copy and Backup
- Tracking Down Extraneous Noises
- Clean Up The Session
- Tuning Tracks
7. Mixing 101: EQ + Compression Essentials
This mixing course will help you understand the basics of compression and EQ so you can create professional-sounding mixes. In this class, you will learn the essentials with the stock plugins in Logic Pro X, but the techniques learned can be applied in any DAW software.
Students: 600+ | Rating: 99%
- EQ Introduction
- Graphic EQ Overview
- Parametric EQ Overview
- Compression Introduction
- Threshold and Ratio
- Makeup Gain
- Attack and Release
- Limiter, Distortion + Parallel Compression
- Sidechain Compression
8. Mixing Your Music – Get a Professional Sound
This class is designed for students interested in music production, songwriting, and making music on their computers. You will learn how you can achieve professional sound on your final music productions through mixing.
Students: 1,000+Rating: 93%
- Mike’s Top 10 tips on Mixing
- The 5D Canvas of Music
- The Music Production Chain
- Mixing Workflow
9. Mixing in Ableton Live: A Creative Approach
This course includes problem-solving and creative methods to bring up your mixes to professional standards using the audio effects included in Ableton Live 9. Although this class is designed for Ableton users, the concepts learned here can be applied in any other DAW.
Students: 2,100+ | Rating: 82%
- Importing Stems in Ableton
- Panning and Widening
- Advanced Ableton Racks
10. Logic Pro X Mixing Course For Beat Makers
This is the first module in a series of 4 modules. This course is aimed at intermediate-level beat makers who want to learn production techniques used in the production process to mix their beats.
You will learn tips to enhance your beats and select the right sounds. After completion, you will understand why certain sounds work well together and why others don’t.
Students: 1,400+ | Rating: 99%
- About This Logic Pro X Mixing Course
- The Pre-Mixing Process
- Getting Organized
- Sound Selection
- Creating Drum Kits Using The Exs24 Sampler
- Replacing Stock Drum Sounds
- Replacing Instruments
- Cleaning Up The Track
- Exporting Your Session As Audio Files
- Create A New Session For The Official Mix
11. How To Mix Vocals In Logic Pro X: Mixing Vocals
This course is designed for artists who want to improve their mixes, producers wanting to expand their skillset, and engineers who are starting | out and want to improve their skills. You will learn how to mix rap vocals and fundamental concepts like EQ, compression, reverb, and distortion. This course will teach you shortcuts and secrets that you can apply to your work and achieve amazing sounds.
Students: 1,200+ | Rating: 92%
- What About Plug-Ins?
- Organizing The Mix
- Set The Levels
- Intro To Eq
- Eq The Vocals
- Intro To Compression
- Doubles & Adlibs
12. Mixing a Hip Hop Vocal
It is important to understand the fundamentals of mixing hip hop to gain enough confidence to start a career in mixing your own hip hop hits. This course introduces you to basic mixing techniques, so you develop a strong foundation in producing any music genre.
13. Ableton Live ( Vocal Recording, Mixing, Mastering )
This course allows you to make music with Ableton Live and gives you a framework that you can adapt to your own creative process. You will learn how to create MIDI/audio and the main features of Session View. Along with knowing the key equipment for recording, you will also learn how you can install it.
Students: 1,100+ | Rating: 92%
- Introduction To The Session View
- MIDI & Virtual Instruments
- Audio & Recording (Setup & Equipment)
- (FX) Audio & MIDI Effects
- How To Use Return Tracks & Sends
- Arrange Your Song (In Session View)
- Record The Song From Session View To The Arrangement View
- Editing & Arrangement
- How To Use EQ (Equalizer)
- How To Use a Compressor
- Simple Ways To Master Your Track
- Exporting Your Track
14. Music Production: EQ for Mixing your Music
As EQ is one of the essential effects of music production, learning how to use it properly can greatly improve your mixes. You will learn how to adjust the EQ to shape and control the frequencies of each instrument and sound in your song.
Students: 950+ | Rating: 91%
- Introduction to the EQ Effect
- EQ in Practice
- Live Demo
- Mike’s Bonus Tips
- Your Project
15. How To Mix & Master Radio Worthy Beats
This course will learn to make radio-ready songs from your home studio or bedroom. All the mixing techniques in this class use stock plug-ins, allowing you the freedom of using any DAW without fancy equipment. You will learn to properly organize your mix and utilize effects to achieve the best results.
Students: 750+ | Rating: 99%
- 3 Quick Tips
- Course Project
- Importing The Stems
- Getting Organized
- Reference Tracks
- First Listen
- Mixing The Kick
- Mixing The 808
- Panning (Secret Sauce)
- Mixing Drums
- Main Melody
Best Audio Mixing Books
These are the top-selling audio mixing books on Amazon.
Last update on 2022-07-01 / Affiliate Links
Can I Learn Audio Mixing Online?
Yes, you can learn audio mixing online. There are several good online courses are available to help you achieve great-sounding mixes. You can choose from the courses outlined above to start learning the basics of mixing music.
How Long Does It Take To Learn Mixing?
The basics of mixing can be learned in a couple of weeks, but it takes around five years to learn mixing and mastering to a proficient level. The more you practice, the better you get at it.
How Do I Get Started With Mixing?
You can start the mixing process by following these steps:
- Determine the quality you want from the song.
- Listen to a song with a similar sound or feel like the song you want to mix.
- Make a rough mix without any effects and listen to it.
- Write down ideas as you work. Think about what you want to add or change in the track.
Is It Hard To Learn Mixing?
Mixing is probably one of the most difficult skills to master in music. Some have natural abilities, but it is complex and frustrating with a sharp learning curve for most musicians. For this reason, most aspiring producers work hard to improve their music mixing skills.
We hope you find these online mixing courses helpful.