Here are some observations of why I believe some people fail at reaching their full potential and how to strategize better at how to succeed in life.
A lot of people make excuses for why they aren’t where they want to be in life today.
I see some common personality traits that hold these people back.
Here are some common problems and fixes that I believe will help to accomplish your goals.
Reasons You May Not Be Succeeding
This is not meant to point the finger at you, but to point out some possible mistakes.
I have personally made many of these mistakes myself.
- You don’t have a long-term plan for success.
- If you have a plan you are not constantly working at it.
- You give up too easily or keep changing your plan.
- Your plan is bad and needs to be changed.
- Your plan doesn’t have milestones to accomplish to get to your end goal.
- You aren’t tracking progress to see how good or bad you are doing at your goal.
- Your plan isn’t realistic time wise.
- You’re afraid to fail, so you continue make to excuses on why you haven’t reached your goal.
How to Succeed in Life…
Do the OPPOSITE of everything listed above:
- Have a plan for success. Success does not happen by accident. You must know what you want, and create a plan to reach your goal.
- Work at it constantly. Consistency is a must.
- Don’t give up. You only truly fail when you give up.
- Constantly improve your plan so it evolves. Don’t repeat mistakes, learn and improve.
- Set tons of tiny goals to accomplish the overall goal. Nothing great happens overnight.
- Track your progress, and feel great as you accomplish more and more.
- Dream big, but have a realistic timeline.
- Don’t be afraid of failing. Be afraid of not reaching your best potential because you gave up.
Outline for S.M.A.R.T Goals
Do you have your own tips on how to succeed in life?