Here are 14 music production related Kindle books that you can find on Amazon for under $5.
To get any of the books below you will have to have the Kindle reader app installed on your iOS or Android device. Also make sure you check out the customer comments before you buy any of the books to make sure it is a right fit for you.
Music Production Related eBooks
Music Production and Promotion – Make Money Selling Beats
Length: 25 pages (estimated)
Description: Did you know that there are hundreds of music producers that makes $5,000 or more every month producing and selling Hip Hop beats to rappers?
Ordinary guys just like you, except that they have found a way to make a full time living from their bedroom studio doing something they love. They are connecting with artists online who are buying and leasing their beats.
14 Qualities of Successful Musicians, Songwriters and Music Business Professionals
Customer Rating ( 125 Ratings):
Length: 40 pages (estimated)
Description: Regardless of your position within the music industry, this audio book will change your mindset when it comes to running your music business.
A few of the things you’ll learn…
- Killer Time-Saving Tactics Most People Never Use
- The Biggest Mistake Industry People Make
- How to Use Competition to Sell More Music
- Why Being Bold Will Increase Your Income
- The Real Reason Major Labels Fail…and Why You Won’t
- The Most Effective Way to Find Interns, Band Members, and Employees
Six-Figure Musician – How to Sell More Music, Get More People to Your Shows, and Make More Money in the Music Business
Customer Rating ( 78 Ratings) :
Length: 274 pages (estimated)
Description: An Open Letter to Any Musician Who Wants to Make $100,000 (or More) in the Music Business
You’re in a career where it’s considered “normal” to be broke. If you were doing anything else for a living, you’d have given up by now.
And I’m sure there are people in your life who wish you’d do just that… They want you to settle down, get a “real” job, and make music a hobby.
Screw ’em. The truth is, if you know what to do, you can make a lot of money as a musician.
This book shows you what to do. You’ll learn exactly how to make money with your music — in the club, on the Internet, and on the road.
Here’s a taste of what’s waiting for you…
- How to get record labels to approach you (instead of you chasing them)
- Nobody at your shows? I’ll show you several ways to fix that…
- “The Drip Method” — The most profitable way to release music.
- A 100-year-old marketing trick developed by a woman thought to be “too fat and ugly” for a career in music — today it works better than ever!
- The greatest threat to your music business success (it’s not piracy) and how to neutralize it.
- A songwriting secret from successful drag queens and pissed off karaoke singers so potent, it almost guarantees a great song!
- How a $10 “kitchen appliance” will make you a better songwriter
- 4 proven “cures” for music business burnout and overwhelm
- What it takes for a musician to make $150,000/year (with only 500 fans)
- Rules for social media. Ignore these at your own risk.
- “Superfan” Secrets – How to develop fans who buy everything you sell.
- How to sell lots of music… without being obnoxious or turning people off
- Are you a musician over 40? Why age doesn’t matter anymore…
- Proven, word-for-word “scripts” and emails that get people to buy your music
- 8 ways to make money giving your music away for free
- A small change in the way you release new music that is so powerful, you will double the money you make
And that’s just for starters. There’s a lot of money to be made in the music business and this book will make sure you don’t miss out.
Music Habits: 101 Production Tips for Computer Musicians
Length: 27 pages (estimated)
Description: 101 Music production tips for Computer musicians. These will drastically improve the results in creating & mixing your music. Many topics are covered including Reverb, Compression, EQ, Panning & many more obscure concepts.
Music Marketing in the New Music Economy
Length: 28 pages (estimated)
Description: A collection of music marketing ideas and anecdotes to help musicians achieve success. My brother and I have achieved many of our musical goals of getting our original music out and selling, using Youtube as a marketing tool, start several music festivals, sell sheet music online, start a successful record label, record with many famous musicians, and more.
How to Compose Music: A Guide to Composing Music for a Musician (or an eager Beginner) who wants to become a Composer
Length: 21 pages (estimated)
Description: Music is an incredible creative outlet, and for those who are creative and deeply passionate about music, wanting to compose your own music is inevitable. This Guide will outline the basics of everything you’ll need to know to get started.
- Reviewing the Basics (Melody, Harmony, Rhythm, Form & Timbre)
- Keys, Chords, & Musical Scales
- Chord Progressions
- The Conceptualization Phase
- Example of composing a Break-Up Song
- Computer Software for Composers
- Audio Production
- Much, much more!
How To Be A Great Music Producer – Professional Music Production Results, Fast!
Length: 43 pages (estimated)
Description: This book is a compact and quick read, deliberately. In this digital age I think people want authors (of non-fiction anyway) to get to the point and tell them what they need to know quickly. It may be short but I believe it is rich in concepts that used correctly can accelerate someone’s progress to becoming a great music producer.
‘How To Be A Great Music Producer’ was written because I have searched but never found a guide to music production that gives the reader an insight to what is actually important. Most music production courses, magazines and books focus on the use of equipment like software packages and microphone placement. These are extremely useful but they are a guide on how to use the TOOLS not what music production is really about. It’s a bit like knowing how to use Photoshop and thinking it will make you a great photographer.
The Art of Writing Great Lyrics
Length: 279 pages (estimated)
Description: Packed with literally hundreds of hints, tips, and inside information only a working writer would know, The Art of Writing Great Lyrics demonstrates proven, no-fail methods for everything from communicating through song, defining styles, and collaborating with a partner to studying the market, making a great demo, and getting started on a career. Full of creative exercises, writing do’s and don’ts, and a handy A to Z checklist for reviewing new songs, The Art of Writing Great Lyrics provides a lifetime of proven success tips in one indispensable volume.
Five Magical Piano Practice Techniques
Length: 50 pages (estimated)
Description: Here are five piano practice techniques that yield immediate and unexpected results.
These simple yet powerful techniques are a valuable resource for every aspiring pianist. They are easy to follow and are useful in many of the situations that you may come across while studying the piano.
Ideal for late beginner, intermediate and advanced players.
Music Composition 101 (Art of Composing)
Length: 90 pages (estimated)
Description: The Problem – Most books about music composition are not really about composition. They are about specific points on music theory, or they are written for grade school classes. They either assume too much or too little. They are too dense or too thin. The Solution – Finally, a book for everyone frustrated with learning how to compose music. Are you just getting into music composition? Have you been composing for a few years but don’t know where to go? Are you an advanced composer, but loosing direction or motivation? Music Composition 101 is for you.
EDM Entrepreneur – How to create a lucrative career in dance music as a DJ, producer or label owner
Length: 29 pages (estimated)
Description: Do you want to make a lucrative career out of your passion for producing, DJ’ing or running a record label?
In this quick guide to getting started in the business of dance music production, 15 year veteran Helmut Klein (not his real name for contractual reasons) dishes the inside info on –
- Everything you need to set up a home studio, including the recommended computer, software and monitoring speakers
- How to get yourself signed to a label
- How to start your own label
- How to promote yourself to get recognized
- Production Tips
101 Money Making Ideas For Composers, Sound Designers, and Performing Musicians
Length: 75 pages (estimated)
Description: 101 Money Making Ideas For Composers, Sound Designers, and Performing Musicians is a list of 101 great ideas and opportunities for music and audio professionals. Each one contains a brief but information packed description. This list exists to help spark the imagination and maybe give you ideas you never thought of!
Audio Recording Boot Camp
Description: Audio Recording Boot Camp is a collection of articles and essays by renown Record Producer / Mixer Ronan Chris Murphy. 95% of the net proceeds of this book are donated to The Phoenix House drug rehabilitation center in California that uses recording to assist teens in recovery.
How to Rhyme Vol. 1:(Fundamental Rhymes) and Rules Found in All Rhyming Patterns!
Length: 189 pages (estimated)
Description: How to Rhyme has made a ground breaking discovery of a perfect science behind writing Rhymes. Contrary to the way other conventional books have taken a poetic approach to teach rhyming, the How to Rhyme series has been the most efficient set of books on the market in allowing novices, creative writers, poets and rappers everywhere discover all of the following:
- How to write rhymes on a basic, intermediate, and advanced level without the confusion of complex poetic terminology.
- The difference between rhyming like a poet and rhyming like a rapper.
- A full proof system that will take the most unskilled beginner to rhyming like
- William Shakespeare or Eminem even only after the first Volume.
- How to write poetry.
- How to master all of the areas of writing, which inspired the book
- “Poetry how to”, to teach you how to write poetry or rap with perfection.
- How to write poetry with rhymes as advanced as rappers.
- How to write rap using the writing disciplines seen in “Poetry How To”.
- The difference between poetry and rap.
- How to make your rhymes flow.
- A system which reveals the complete science of writing rhymes.
- A system which uses a unique perspective in revealing all of the rhyme schemes and patterns anyone can make by understanding the core rhyming patterns inherent in all rhyming patterns.
- A complete Science behind written rhyme which has never been discovered so thoroughly in any other How to rhyme course.
- A step by step system which gives you a gradual progression through all of its levels like any other science is taught.
- The MTS learning system which is based on Syllables, Techniques (rhyme patterns )
I hope you like this collection of affordable eBooks.
Pricing & rating note: The prices & customer rating above can change, so check the Amazon page for the most recent info.
Do you have any favorite eBooks?