Here are the best free MPC program editors and free MPC software to help you create and edit MPC drum programs.
MPC Software Editors
1. MPC Maid
MPC Maid is a software editor for the Akai MPC 1000, MPC 2500, and MPC 500
- Works on Mac, PC, and other platforms (Java) and makes the edition of MPC program files easy.
- Switch between the MPC 500 12-pad layout or the MPC 1000 16-pad layout (it also takes care of the correct number of filters and sliders thanks to the built-in machine profiles).
- Simply drag and drop your sample files onto the pads, automatically assigning them one on each pad or one on each sample layer.
- Export the full program and every related sample file together to the target location of your choice.
- Also features a semi-automatic slicing tool: drop your loop file to have it chopped into slices based on a beat detection mechanism.
- Direct export of the chopped slices as multiple WAV files, one corresponding.PGM program file and one MIDI groove MIDI file.
- Multiple windows, one window for one program, simply drag and drop a PGM program file will open a new window for this program.
View Website | PC & Mac
2. Blue Box
BlueBox was developed for creating and editing programs for the Akai MPC1000. This solution automates some of the tedious tasks of creating programs using the MPC.
- Save edited PGM file and all associated samples
- Q-Link sliders
- Copy individual pad, layer, mixer, envelope, and filter settings t- any number and combination of pads in one step
- Playback samples in layers
- Assign a sample to a range of pads (tune and MIDI trigger are automatically adjusted)
Blue Box | PC
3. MPC Pad 187 – Mac
MPC Pad 187 is an MPC program editor for the Akai MPC 1000, MPC 2500, and MPC 500. The application allows for easy editing and creation of MPC program files.
4. Paid: RS-16X
Sequence & Song style stand-alone drum machine program with virtual controller pads & keyboard.
Creates drum tracks without any external devices.
Related: Free Online Drum Machines
I hope you enjoy these free MPC software program editors.
Please don’t forget to share this article.