Hip Hop Makers has been down for a few days while I found a new website host. But we are back up and running. Here is my Hostgator review.
The site was shut down by Hostgator.
Hostgator Review: 10 Reasons Why Hostgator Sucks!
- Online chat support, and email support will say 2 different reasons on why your site is not functioning right.
- Your site will go down because of other high traffic websites on the same server, and you can’t do anything about it.
- They write stupid articles to rank high in search engines because they know people are searching for “Hostgator Sucks”, Example: 10 Ways to Tell If Your Web Host Sucks.
- Customer support gives answers that make it seem like you are stupid, and they have attitudes. While repeatedly ignoring questions you ask.
- Hostgator will take your site down because of CPU usage, and not have suggestions on how to fix the problems.
- If your blog has 25 people on it at one time, WordPress will lose the database connection, and your site will go down.
- Unlimited storage and unlimited traffic is a lie. If you take up to much space, or traffic they will make you suspend your account. I even read stories of them deleting files on their own without notice.
- 99.9% Uptime Guarantee is a joke. My site was down often.
- Upsell, Upsell, Upsell. Chat will say my site was down because of other high traffic sites. Email support would say my site was taking up too many resources, and that I needed to their VPS service, which is $85 more per year. I didn’t get enough visitors to need a VPS.
- Your site can’t grow on their server. I got an average of 1,300 visitors per day at the time, and their server couldn’t support that. How am I supposed to focus on improving the site to get more traffic when the site is always going down, and worry if it’s going to go down because of their bad service.
I would avoid them. There are tons of other website hosts for you to use.