If you sell beats or products check out this video on Email Marketing vs. Social Marketing and why you should focus on building an email list first.
Email Marketing vs. Social Marketing
Social Media Cons
- Too Much Competition – There are so many social media posts daily that it is harder to get your posts seen.
- Lower Conversion Rates – It is more difficult to turn visitors from social media sites into paying customers right away. You usually need to build trust first.
Also think about it, once you get people to subscribe to your email list you can send them emails to encourage them to follow you on social sites.
Why You Should Build an Email Marketing List
Social sites will come and go, but if you have an email list you don’t have to worry about losing all your fans on one particular social website.
Benefits of Having an Email List
- Direct Communication – You can send updates directly to your audience.
- Build Trust – By sharing helpful information with your audience you can build trust for your name and brand.
- Email Data – Email marketing allows you to track click-through rates, email open rates, and conversions.
Email Marketing Tips
- Add an email opt-in forms on your website.
- Offer free email giveaways to encourage people to sign up.
- Eliminate clutter from your website. Check out Questions to Ask Before a Website Launch.
- Don’t spam your email list.
Email Marketing Companies
- AWeber – Spend less time marketing and more time growing your business with automated follow ups and quick, easy design tools.
- MailChimp – Simple interface and allows you to build an email list up to 2,000 people for free.
Email Marketing Tutorial
Create a Music Business
Create a professional website to sell beats, products, and music. Offer music services. View Features »
You may also be interested in How to Sell Beats Online.