FL Studio 11 is out now. Check out the video and some of the new features.
- Performance mode – Trigger Playlist Clips live using a mouse, touch screen, typing keyboard or MIDI controller. Supports APC20/40, Launchpad, Lemur, Block, Maschine/Mikro, padKONTROL, Traktor Kontrol (and more).
- Multi-touch support – FL Studio and some plugins now respond to Multi-touch with Microsoft gesture functions supported.
Playlist – 199 Playlist tracks, increased from 99.
- Linking includes MIDI input port – Links now remember the MIDI input port used to avoid conflict between controllers.
- Playlist & Piano roll – Horizontal & vertical movement locking. Shift is horizontal lock & Ctrl is vertical lock when dragging items.
Piano roll – Glue notes, Mouse wheel velocity, Monophonic step entry mode & Chop chords tool.
- Right-click data entry – Most controls now allow a Right-click option to type in values.
Plugin Picker – Right-click to open a plugin and its presets in the Browser. Start typing plugin names to highlight entries.
- Mixer – Page Up/Down keyboard keys cycle through the current mixer track’s plugin windows.
- Options – Play truncated notes in clips restores notes overlapping slice points in Pattern Clips. Click and hold functions. GUI animation level now selectable from sober to entertaining.
- BassDrum – Deep Kick-Bass percussion synthesizer with sample layering. BassDrum was developed due to strong and loud customer demand for punchy kicks with a big bottom end. Our solution was to take a hybrid synthesis/sample route to provide unlimited customization for the perfect kick sound.
- GMS (Groove Machine Synth) – Multi-timbral hybrid synthesizer & FX channel lifted from Groove Machine. Another plugin by popular demand.
Effector – 12 performance oriented effects: Distortion, Lo-Fi bit reduction, Flanging, Phasing, Filter (low/high pass), Delay, Reverb, Stereo panning & binaural effect, Gating, Granulizer, Vocal formant and Ring modulation effects. Effector was introduced to compliment Performance Mode and is perfect for use with multi-touch displays & controllers.
- Patcher – Introduced with FL Studio 10 to provide a means of saving and recalling commonly used effects and plugin chains. It’s in the new section as, aside from being overhauled with animated connections and a fresh interface, patcher has gained two, of many more to come, Voice Effects (VFX).
- VFX Key Mapper – Allows note inputs, live or from the Piano roll, to be transposed, keychanged, chorded or creatively remapped.
- VFX Color Mapper – Leverages FL Studio’s 16 Piano roll note colors that have traditionally mapped to MIDI channels. Now inside Patcher note colors can control 16 independent generators/instruments or groups of generators
Get the best from our blog.
Music production tips, interviews, free samples.
Get music production tips, interviews, free samples, drums, and more. Unsubscribe at any time.