FL Studio 11 is out now. Check out the video and some of the new features.
- Performance mode – Trigger Playlist Clips live using a mouse, touch screen, typing keyboard or MIDI controller. Supports APC20/40, Launchpad, Lemur, Block, Maschine/Mikro, padKONTROL, Traktor Kontrol (and more).
- Multi-touch support – FL Studio and some plugins now respond to Multi-touch with Microsoft gesture functions supported.
Playlist – 199 Playlist tracks, increased from 99.
- Linking includes MIDI input port – Links now remember the MIDI input port used to avoid conflict between controllers.
- Playlist & Piano roll – Horizontal & vertical movement locking. Shift is horizontal lock & Ctrl is vertical lock when dragging items.
Piano roll – Glue notes, Mouse wheel velocity, Monophonic step entry mode & Chop chords tool.
- Right-click data entry – Most controls now allow a Right-click option to type in values.
Plugin Picker – Right-click to open a plugin and its presets in the Browser. Start typing plugin names to highlight entries.
- Mixer – Page Up/Down keyboard keys cycle through the current mixer track’s plugin windows.
- Options – Play truncated notes in clips restores notes overlapping slice points in Pattern Clips. Click and hold functions. GUI animation level now selectable from sober to entertaining.
- BassDrum – Deep Kick-Bass percussion synthesizer with sample layering. BassDrum was developed due to strong and loud customer demand for punchy kicks with a big bottom end. Our solution was to take a hybrid synthesis/sample route to provide unlimited customization for the perfect kick sound.
- GMS (Groove Machine Synth) – Multi-timbral hybrid synthesizer & FX channel lifted from Groove Machine. Another plugin by popular demand.
Effector – 12 performance oriented effects: Distortion, Lo-Fi bit reduction, Flanging, Phasing, Filter (low/high pass), Delay, Reverb, Stereo panning & binaural effect, Gating, Granulizer, Vocal formant and Ring modulation effects. Effector was introduced to compliment Performance Mode and is perfect for use with multi-touch displays & controllers.
- Patcher – Introduced with FL Studio 10 to provide a means of saving and recalling commonly used effects and plugin chains. It’s in the new section as, aside from being overhauled with animated connections and a fresh interface, patcher has gained two, of many more to come, Voice Effects (VFX).
- VFX Key Mapper – Allows note inputs, live or from the Piano roll, to be transposed, keychanged, chorded or creatively remapped.
- VFX Color Mapper – Leverages FL Studio’s 16 Piano roll note colors that have traditionally mapped to MIDI channels. Now inside Patcher note colors can control 16 independent generators/instruments or groups of generators
Posted by on April 24, 2013. Category: Music Production News