Today I turn 30 years old. I’m spending it the best possible way I could think of, I’m in New York for the first time. Not only did I hit a milestone in life, but this month Hip Hop Makers turned 4 years old.
This post isn’t music related, but there are some things that I wanted to share that I have learned over the years that I hope help you.
30 Things I’ve Learned
- Know what you want in life, write it out in detail, and go for it. Without a plan, you won’t know where your going in life.
- Believe in yourself, even when others don’t. Make it your goal to prove others wrong.
- Don’t blame others for your failures, accept responsibility, and improve.
- Treat your body like a temple. Good health is essential for good energy, good focus, and feeling good. Odds are that you wont really have money to do the things you want until your older. So you want to make sure your fit to enjoy it.
- Ideas and plans without action are worthless.
- There will never be a perfect time to start something, so start right now.
- Time is your more valuable asset. Spend it wisely.
- Don’t judge others. You don’t know their life experiences, and what they have been through.
- Complaining and not doing anything about it, doesn’t solve the problem.
- Decide today to be the best you, you can be, and follow through with it.
- Choose to be happy. It can be as simple as you choosing to be happy. It doesn’t have to be more complex than that. Don’t expect it to come from people, material things, or anyone but yourself.
- Be open minded. Experience something, then make judgments. By being closed minded, you will miss out on a lot.
- Let go of past regrets. You cant change yesterday.
- Work smarter, not harder.
- Don’t be afraid of failing. Be afraid of not giving yourself the chance to succeed.
- Find reasons to smile, things could always be worse.
- Don’t stress over things you can’t control.
- Don’t worry about what others are doing, or have accomplished. Only compete with yourself to be the best.
- You’ll end up regretting the things you did NOT do far more than the things you did. Take a chance.
- Never get comfortable. Being comfortable will make you lazy.
- Don’t surround yourself around negative people. It will make you negative.
- Don’t confuse being busy with being productive. Spending hours on unimportant stuff is still wasted time.
- Have goals / plans, and track progress.
- Failure is only failure when you give up.
- Find role models, and learn from them.
- Never stop learning. Never think you know it all.
- Don’t let others control how you feel about yourself. You are great!
- Good things do not come overnight.
- Don’t depend on luck. Depend on your work ethic and drive to get you where you want.
- Lastly, love yourself. Give yourself the best life, best health, best friends, and more. Give yourself what you deserve.
Thanks for reading, and thanks for all the support over the last 4 years.
Update on 3/16: Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes.